Could somebody please point me to the WV Rally Thread?

Gordon this is the one?
There might be more chatter about it on facebook?
Or e-mail Dave. He may know of a thread?
If ya go we expect pictures and a run-down on the rides, eats, etc!

June 3th – 5th , 2016 West Virginia Mountain Rally #2, Marlinton Motor Inn, Rt 219N, Marlinton, WV 24954 800.354.0821 or 304.799.4711 www.marlintonmotorinn.com .

Pocahontas County is motorcycle-friendly and is a destination for riders from all over. The mountains and scenery are beautiful and offer the best motorcycle roads in VA and WV. The weather is great in June with temps in the 70s. The town of Marlinton is small but has everything we need. Contact Dave Hoopengardner #4625, Virginia State Member Coordinator, West Virginia Mountain Rally Coordinator, caferacerdave@gmail.com.

Thanks for the replies fellows. Fred I didn't see it on that link but man oh man there's a lot going on with two wheels in that beautiful state.:thumbsup:

weekendrider.....yea bud I have a camera and I'm not afraid to use it. AND....you've known me long enough to know I'm not shy when it comes to posting. :laugh:

I've made my reservations and have contacted David......bikes ready and I'm PAST ready. The Dogwood was a bust for me.....probably a little to do with putting the bike on a trailer....I knew better but did it anyway. THIS TIME.....the event is only a couple of hundred miles away over roads I've traveled on many times. PERFECT for a ride on the XS.:bike:

HOPE TO SEE SOME OF YOU THERE????????????????????????????????

Gordon in NC
1975 XS650B Ratty but loved.....gona get to use the new bags on this trip....and a clutch that actually works without having a Hulk hand. :)

I'M BOOKED!!!!!! Hope to arrive sometime late afternoon Friday.

PLEASE if you get there before I do and the BUS LOAD of dancing girls gets there before me....they're going to be a bit upset that I'm not there.....so just try to console them as best you can till I arrive.....and then I'll take it from there.

Seeya???????

Gordon in NC

"Two wrongs don't make a right........but three lefts do"

Well CRAP!!!!!!....................................I found out over the weekend that an event I had already commited to was happening the SAME weekend as the WVa XS Rally. I was thinking the other event was later in the month.:doh:

SO.......I have to back out of the WVa event and instead travel back to beautiful North Georgia for the annual BIBR.:bike:

BUT......I'm going to take the XS instead of one of my Brit bikes so that's gota count for something. :wink2:

I really do like the BIBR rally because a lot of my good friends attend, it's vintage and you stand a chance of taking a nice bike home.....they raffle one off every year.

So......I'll still take and share photos and be sure to include some XS related photos.

OH......when I told my friend I'll be camping with what I was going to ride to the rally......he says " I just met a fellow from Georgia that's into XSs"......"Rode back from the Meltdown with him". Hmmmmmmmmm???? so I ask him "Was his name Marty????". "Yep one and the same". It's a small world after all....(que up the band)

Gordon in NC

"Two wrongs don't make a right........but three lefts do"

Back