Could someone identify this wire please

londoncabby

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I'm just trying to get my head round the wiring while I wait for my PMA to arrive there's a bunch of wires coming from the stator 3x white 1x black 1x green 1x blue I I'm pretty sure I'm ok with these but there's a separate yellow wire that runs along side these six wires I've just looked at the wiring diagram in the manual and it looks like it goes to the safety relay so firstly what's the safety relay? and secondly when I fit my PMA this wire will be obsolete will that be a problem?
Thanks in advance for any replies..

Hey LC while I can’t speak to whether or not the wire will be obsolete when you connect the PMA, you are correct that the yellow wire outside the harness is for the safety relay. When voltage is created by the engine spinning it will prevent the starter from being able to turn on. While not 100% required it is definitely recommended to keep the safety relay in place for your safety and the engines.

I believe there is some good info on the forums of other members splitting one of the white wires and connecting it to the yellow to serve the same purpose. Hope this helps.

Steve

Thanks for the quick reply Steve just thinking about wiring brings me out in a cold sweat!! but I suppose it’s like everything the more you read up on it the more it makes sense,right I better start doing some research.

Back