Counter Balance Cycles Shop Bike Build

westonboege

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Its been a while since ive had a bike build going that wasnt for a customer. Seems like the last couple have taken up most all of my time. Now that i have a few extra feet of space in the shop its time to pull this bike in for some work.

Ive wanted to make some instruction sheets for the seats, and intake manifolds I sell. Showing everything that needs to be done to get to a finished custom bike. But most of all I want a sweet xs tracker that i can rip around the city.

This is where I am starting...

Shop%2BBike%2B0001.jpg

Shop%2BBike%2B0002.jpg

Shop%2BBike%2B0003.jpg

Shop%2BBike%2B0004.jpg

Thanks dudes.. still trying to decide exactly where I want it to go... Def going to be fun though...

Jaymichael, glad you like it! Done yet??

Well i got some time last night to put towards the shop mule. I took the stocker seat off. I cleaned up the rear rails just enough to get the seat on. And I modified the stock fender so that the seat sits flat. I should have a good tutorial up soon... More photos coming soon... here is how she sits now...

Xs%2BTutorial%2B00991.jpg

I am pretty excited to follow this thread. Your seat is on the top of my want list. Looks like a great product. The only seat that is custom and as close to bolt on and go as a custom seat gets. Looking forward to seeing the fender mads to get the seat flat.

I made a custom stainless exhaust system this past weekend for a local customer. Im digging the setup but when this bike is finished i won't be using the stock side covers, so if i end up running a similar exhaust I will probably tuck it in quite a bit more...

Im still debating whether to keep this bike 'mostly stock' or not. I need something that i can fit seats on, mock up exhaust systems, and try out other parts on. So I think I may keep a lot of the stock bits, and be able to bolt them back on for testing...

Here are some photos of how the bike is sitting now...

JOes%2BPipes%2B11.jpg

JOes%2BPipes%2B12.jpg

JOes%2BPipes%2B13.jpg

JOes%2BPipes%2B15.jpg

JOes%2BPipes%2B16.jpg

And here is the bike with a custom gold metal flake seat I made the other night...

Goldmember5.jpg

Looks awesome Wes! I was thinking about doing a setup like that. Any chance you have a shot straight on from the rear? Just wondering how that angle looks. Great stuff!

JesseeS I can grab a shot from the rear... Still trying to decide what i want to do with this bike. I have a crazy exhaust system i want to try out... but i dont know if this is the bike to do it on...

Like the looks of that exhaust.

Looking forward to see how this progresses.

Keep up the good work.

JesseeS I can grab a shot from the rear... Still trying to decide what i want to do with this bike. I have a crazy exhaust system i want to try out... but i dont know if this is the bike to do it on...

That would be awesome. And how crazy are we talking? Like 2into1 with the muffler coming out from under the seat? Haha

Haha... Jessees... No crazier than that i think... Thinking about making a metal cafe fairing mounted to the rear hoop, that IS the muffler. So the exhaust comes up under the seat and into the cafe fairing. I would just have to build some baffles into the fairing for back pressure. But would probably have to make it out of stainless steel...

But that might be a future bike... i have another xs that I'm going to be building into a cafe racer... I might just go over the top with it...

Haha... Jessees... No crazier than that i think... Thinking about making a metal cafe fairing mounted to the rear hoop, that IS the muffler. So the exhaust comes up under the seat and into the cafe fairing. I would just have to build some baffles into the fairing for back pressure. But would probably have to make it out of stainless steel...

But that might be a future bike... i have another xs that I'm going to be building into a cafe racer... I might just go over the top with it...

Hi westonboege,
I can see it now! An exhaust heated stainless steel bumstop!
Puts a whole different slant on:-
Ride it like your arse was on fire!

Back