Counter Balance Cycles Shop Race Bike

Great job working around and leaving that support rib. Sometimes it`s hard to come up with something that matches on both the left and right side.:thumbsup:

Haha... Yeah i just went random commando on it... tried to leave all the ribs behind so it doesnt flex under the clutch... Thought about just keeping the front and cutting off the back to make it really skeletal, but the weight savings isnt really worth it yet...

In other news I found the disc brake master cylinder actuator arm and i found a swingarm with the disc brake stay mount and stay intact... Swapped that over and have a local buddy with a stock master cylinder. Gonna have to make mounts on the frame for the mc... Then the bike should be ridable... I have a tank showing up today... have a chain, and will fashion a temp seat :)

Got a little bit more done today in between finishing some seats.. Got my new tank in the mail! Its just as crusty as i imagined! Pretty clean inside, but the petcock wont work, so ill have to make a new petcock location.. But i link the size shape and color! lol...

Got the rear hoop cut out, and the upper rear frame crossmember. Welded in a simple tube...

Playing around with this fiberglass flat track rear section... Dont think im gonna run this... think im gonna make a real skinny aluminum rear tail section with a skinny seat...

shop%2Brace%2Bbike%2B52.jpg

shop%2Brace%2Bbike%2B54.jpg

shop%2Brace%2Bbike%2B55.jpg

shop%2Brace%2Bbike%2B56.jpg

shop%2Brace%2Bbike%2B51.jpg

On the Radian swing arm use. A Honda CB 750 rear axle is long enough and 20 mm. Have more thread cut on it, and have the Radian axle blocks opened up. Works well then with the rear hub kit you have.

Trying to keep moving! I want to work in it 24/7 lol... But i have alot of like 5 min spurts in between waiting for glue to set up and things... So i grab the wire wheel and clean for 5 mins at a time!

Im still thinking about the swingarm. But im def gonna run it the way i have it for a little while at least....

Still weighing making my own chomoly vs radian vs my own aluminum... Im half tempted to pick up a frame jib this winter and start over on a frame... full chromoly... lol

I really don't think there is any difference in strength for a round or square tube arm. It all comes down to looks and what idea is in your head. I just think the XS650 looks way better with a longer arm. I have also use GS750/1100 arms on many shock bikes and they look good also.
OK good luck on the build and I will get back to you in March because I need pipes made and they are going to be blow back style on pipe on each side up high.

@TwoManyXS1Bs Thanks man! Some good reading! Still got more to learn before i tackle that job...

For now i got the battery box going! This is the first part ive ever welded and made from aluminum. Some of the welds arent so bad, but some got cooked! Itll be interesting to see how it holds up under the vibes. Spun some bungs on the lathe out of some round stock i had. Used them to mount the coil underneath. Since im running a small lith ion batt i laid it on its side so i can easily remove the battery. Even if out on a trail somewhere... lol

shop%2Bbike%2Bbatt%2Bbox1.jpg

shop%2Bbike%2Bbatt%2Bbox2.jpg

Man its been a while since ive updated this thread... sorry if people were following this elsewhere... been slacking about getting on the forums the past couple years o_O... lol! Made a custom rear hoop and got a little shorty fender grafted on there. Made a seat pan and seat last winter or something... Threw some lightweight bars on there. Here is how its sitting now...

I also got two sets of wheels set up for this bike. One set is the 19" rear disc brake with the 19" front and dirt track tires. I also got a drum brake setup with an 18" with a dirt bike tire. This set up will be used for trails in the summer and im gonna do some snow hill climbs, and ice races in the winter. All i need now is a 21" front with a dirt tire on it... Works pretty well though. I have 2 different brake stay set ups, and two different brake pedal linkages to swap between hydraulic disc, and mechanical drum...

ABtUTrkZmu2wbEF8Nkdnl6-0fmdcFJdGizQ3H1ZU285L=s1080.jpg

DeX5jG-wYtKC4TwtvDHsEVGsre5eHacdsXGn4UWITaCr=s1080.jpg

LwHhRFXgcndv9r0uOxI4o7ewj-5J-kRgg5tRPZQ0P_6T=s1080.jpg

75qbK74EwiZnkzLgmGwD-vZOJa75tNOMY__CSOJvLNS0=s1080.jpg

rSXjhU4tCzLHa2xj9yxBh4-6rv-7uOyJckEcnPi56-fb=s1080.jpg

Back