Crankcase Breather Tubes

With a modern Oring chain (RK Xring) there is no necessity to have that cesspool of oil and grime. Wash the chain and sprocket when washing the bike, spray some compatible chain lube on a clean rag and run the chain through the rag, no more cesspool, and a much longer life chain, and a quieter chain too. No more cesspool, and hardly no adjustments to be made. No more cesspool.

Scott

With a modern Oring chain (RK Xring) there is no necessity to have that cesspool of oil and grime. Wash the chain and sprocket when washing the bike, spray some compatible chain lube on a clean rag and run the chain through the rag, no more cesspool, and a much longer life chain, and a quieter chain too. No more cesspool, and hardly no adjustments to be made. No more cesspool.
Scott
Hi Scott,
you are half right.
Yes,
O-ring & X-ring sealed chains DO keep the factory lubricant inside the chain to keep it's innards from running dry.
And no,
the chain's roller to sprocket interfaces also need to be properly lubricated to be kept from running dry.
And that takes more than a quick rub with an oily rag whenever you remember to do it.

Hey, Scott, I must have ignorant chains too! 520 RK X-ring on my XS650, 525 RK X-ring on my Kawi EX650, ran a 525 EK X-ring chain on my Suzuki SV650 for many thousands of miles. Adjustment intervals about the same as for oil changes on all of them. I use DuPont Chain Saver. It's a Teflon laced dry wax lube, sheds grit instead of collecting it like petroleum based lubricants. No, it doesn't cling to the roller surfaces, and no, my sprockets don't wear prematurely.

Back