Crying In My Wine Cooler...

Inxs, the k- car was Lee Iacocca's brainchild in the '80's to revive Chrysler. Ugly, slow, POS that, thankfully, rotted away.

Wow, just googled the K car, ugly as a hat full of arseholes! :D

Kinda reminds me of the car Leyland made fo Australia, trying to flog their dead horse also!
Google Leyland P76, known in Aus as a P38-caus it was only half a car!
Actually a well built car with a alloy block V8.............But style.........:doh:

Barb I always feel bad for bikes I see just sit. To me bikes have souls and if they aren't ridden from time to time that soul dies a little. You did Gemini a favor by letter her run free.

You saved her soul!

Dave

Hi Guys,

Anthropomorphism accepted, with pride! Tell me honestly, is there anyone who rides who doesn't talk to the bike now and then? Going across the Nevada desert at night in the Summer and listening to an engine working and liking it--of course people talk to their bikes. And right now Gemini is out there in the shed, lording it over her brothers and sisters because she is going to be the number one ride of a nice youngster who will love her like I do. She goes home this week.....gulp. :(:):doh:

Anyway, I have three more BSA singles, and about half a dozen engines, in various states of repair.

K-cars? OMG! I rented one once...the most boring means of transportation since the invention of the mule! However, I should say that I have a '96 Chrysler minivan (yeah, one of those...) and it has 199,000+ miles on it, and is a sweetheart. I've even hauled a couple of bikes in her, and with the seats taken out and a big tarp laid down, she will carry about 1/3 of a cord of wood.....can't ask for more than that!

I love the way threads twist and turn.....:thumbsup:

Barb

I wanted a turbo minivan for about 6 or 7 years now. :devil: I pretty sure those 89-90 Chrysler and Plymouth Vans with the 2.5l turbo inline 4 engines were just an extension of the K car. Apparently it doesn't take much to get them to 14psi of boost and you'll have one fairly quick (and ugly) minivan! With an intercooler, head swap, and way to give it more fuel, you can do 25 psi on a stock block! Apparently some people have gotten 300+ to the wheels with out all that much work... in a damn minivan! http://www.turbominivan.com/

- and Iacocca did such nice things with mustang and mercury...saved both fords and chryslers ass...i guess the k car came along in the right niche, an asshole among assholes..:D

- i loved those P76 4.5 ltr V8s...had a Super Targa Florio V8 converted to 4 speed manual for quite a while, used many of those motors in hot rods-were nice and light but did have a tendency to overheat sometimes:thumbsup:

- traded my AMC Eagle I6 5 speed wagon for a chevy astro which took me several times across canada and back...the astro was practical but i loved that eagle:cool:

- yes i talk, cuss, cajole and joke with my girls...works wonders, the only real backchat problems i had was with a monday morning gt750 ducati thats still doing time somewhere in the back of the shed:boxing:

Ducati's are supposed to talk back---I think it's in the owner's manual....:laugh:

My minivan is a basic v-6---a Mom-mobile, or in my case now, mostly a Gramma-mobile and parts hauler. Pretty reliable, though, and good in the snow. But I don't talk to it like I do the bikes.....

Barb

- ducatis are real chatterers...the problem in the early ones is that the engines were built by hand, it was well recognised that engines built monday morning or friday afternoon were often problematic..wednesday morning machines were preferred:D

................and all this time I thought it meant overloaded C-47's flying over very high mountains..:laugh:

I always wanted a Ducati Diana when I was in school....

Barb

Funny the directions this thread has taken. I had an 83 dodge aries i got for 500$ perfect shape..tune up brake job and a headlight and I sold it for 900 a year later. Those gt750 Ducatis are a favorite amongst hardcore ducati enthusiasts. I have 65 250 Monza with a diana cam and a 12 volt conversion.
100 mph 250cc thumper that I can carry..lol. I think its one of the most beautiful bikes I've ever seen. Hoping to find a 350 narrowcase motor to make it a Sebring clone. first 5 speed, last of the round body work, first square bore/stroke Ducatis and the US only Sebring debuted in 1965..making it one the rarest and best performing thumpers around. Fit a Desmodromic head to it and your talking 18,000 RPM.

- some threads like to twist and turn, just like a good road...sinusoidalism rulz

- i liked the 750 better than the 860 or 900 i had, better lines too, thats why i kept her, the singles are pretty neat, always wanted one but never got there...my prefernces in italian ladies tends tho to my le mans's I and III

Back