Custom seat work

Gcraay

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I’m making my seat foam right now and need the leatherwork done. Does anyone do this? I have an aluminum pan I’m connecting it to.

What kind of seat are you making? Saddle/solo, or traditional? If its a saddle solo making a leather seat cover isn't to hard if you get yourself a few basic leather working tools. I've made few in the past, I've made loads of holsters, I learned more out of necessity than anything. I'm left handed and left handed holsters cost WAY more than right handed holsters, so I bought a side of leather and made my own. Haven't noticed anyone hear on the forum doing much leather/seat work though. But I cant really speak for the group.

Weston Boege at Counterbalance cycles does excellent work at a very reasonable price and has a fast turn around. I`ve used his work 3 times and will again. I made the seat bases myself and had him do the cover.:thumbsup:
scrambler 002.JPG
No Theme Finished 009.JPG

Weston Boege at Counterbalance cycles does excellent work at a very reasonable price and has a fast turn around. I`ve used his work 3 times and will again. I made the seat bases myself and had him do the cover.:thumbsup:
View attachment 182110 View attachment 182111
I’ll check, I need it custom. Changed the tank to a Triumph bonneville tank. Also I cut the seat loop shorter. I made my pan.

You could check with upholstery shops near you...or custom motorcycle shops--they often have leads on local tradesmen that do great work. For me, I found a guy that does boat upholstery work... turns out he does motorcycle seats too...and great work at that.

Back