Custom wheel building

moparmatt91

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I'm building custom wheels built to customer specs.
36 or 48 spoke rear 16" 18"
36 or 64 spoke front 18" 19" 21"

Some sizes are only available with specific spoke count example: 21" are only available in 64 spoke

Hand polished factory hub, can also do rear brake plate and include new shoes, springs, sprocket, front rotor.

Most hoops available in polished or black and with rain catcher profile or standard

All wheels will include brand new bearings, seals, and rim strip.

I can supply and mount your tire of choice

You're more than welcome to trade in your old hubs for credit towards a custom.

PM me for quotes and feel free to ask any questions.

Here's a 64 spoke 21" built for a customer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 404
I have a 48 spoke 18" wheel ready to ship
Stainless spokes
Brand new bearings/seals
$300 people are asking $90 for a bare hub these days

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 369
No one interested in a nice rear wheel? People are paying $120 for crusty rusty hubs.
$300
$75 hub
$60 hoop
$70 stainless spokes
$25 bearings & seals
$35 to polish hub
$35 to lace and tru

I'd think you'd have a hard time finding someone to lace a wheel for $35.

I love the idea of going with 18" on my 1982 XS650 HS, do you offer a discount if I send you my 16" wheel to offset that price?

Moparmatt... What about a 36 spoke FRONT hub off an xs650 laced to a 16 inch aluminum REAR hoop...? Have you got one or can you build one? Does this pique your curiosity? Do you use rogaine? Wait... what? No, forget that last part, just focus on the wheel part, OK? Thanks! randy

Hey I really need to get my hands on a front drum brake full setup. Do you have one or do you have any leads I could fallow?

Nwhitehorne, do you have the ability to spin spacers or have them made? Have you tried looking over on chopcult? You might not find one specific to an xs, but plenty out there that will work.

That I'm not sure about, it's really just a matter of making sure you run the correct bearings, the spacers aline the wheel correctly and the brake linkage will work on the forks.

Figure8 have you see one of these before and will it fit seamlessly on my 1980 sx front end?
"Trommelbremse SR XS 500 650 Drum Brake Front Motocycle Felge wheel"

I can't say either way, but I wouldn't be surprised. The issue is you are gonna have a hard time finding an actual xs650 drum wheel, they didn't make them very many years. That 500 wheel may be a direct fit, but I can't say either way. Reading that link I just posted, you might have an easier time with a xs400 wheel. Are you doing a 19" or 21"? Pm me your cell, I have a buddy who might have a wheel that you could maybe make work.

Figure 8 I tried to pm you but your limit is taped out. I am using a 19" wheel. I heard that a harley 19" will work great because they have the same axel diameter so all I need to do is fab some spacers. Have you heard that?
By the way thanks for all the help.
nathan

Back