Customizable, Printable Degree Wheel

lidirtrider

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
In looking for a printable degree I came across this. Not sure if anyone has seen it before, but it seems very cool. Totally customizable. change sizes, add marks for valve opening/closing, and lobe centers. Has an option to print to the size of a CD too, perfect for mounting on the crank.

https://www.blocklayer.com/degree-wheel.aspx

Hi.
Newbie here :)
How would you set the values?
Im about to set up timing on my xs 650 77 and i think this would be very helpful :)

Have a nice day

Dwayne, you can set the Boyer without needing a timing disc.

You need to remove the alternator cover, then move the engine to the full advance position, using the marks on the engine cover lined up with the mark on the alternator rotor. Then, adjust the magnetic rotor as noted in the BB fitting instructions, so that one of the magnets lines up with the hole in the BB back-plate. This should be close enough to be able start the engine. Use a strobe to make final check & adjustment. I don't think you will get it correct using just a static setting? Hope this helps, Raymond

The previous owner installed a Vape generator without any marks. But ive changed the piston rings and found tdc. Now i just need btdc etc :)

Dwayne, although I had to add a full advance mark when I fitted a CDI engine (see the Miss November thread), I can't remember the timing values for the XS650. But somebody here will no doubt assist.

If you know tdc, then perhaps you have made a mark to identify that? I think, subject as said to correction, that fully retarded is 13° btdc and fully advanced 40° btdc. I don't know if anyone will suggest other values to mark in addition.

This historic thread, post #5, has a good diagram of the standard timing marks http://www.xs650.com/threads/help-point-me-in-the-right-direction.37708/#post-379287

If you have more questions, it might help to put up a photo of your alternator so we can see what you have.

Back