'Cuz I'm not in enough trouble already

Trying to get through break in on the SX. fighting a clutch housing leak.
clutch leak.jpg

Kinda takes the fun out of strafing RH corners.
Coming apart again today, blizzard predicted for tomorrow. Worst is sposed to go north of us.

Thanks for asking. No, still floating between a rebuild and buying a repop about $800, either would need paint. First up is attempting an engine start, bought a Li-on battery put it in madness to see if it was any good, and it crapped the bed when I got to the ozarks. Got the lawnmower re-engine project done, next a rebuild horsey arena fence, then some decks on the house......

Last edited:
Damn it BOB this is all YOUR fault.
Chucked the battery from the Ersatz Indian in it. Engine turned with the e-start. Got the air filter off, (even that was a project) throttle slide and butterfly both frozen. Gave it a shot of carb cleaner and it fired! Worked slide then the butterfly loose with lube and judicious tapping butterfly turns free now, next up a temp fuel tank! There's a Buell event at East Troy this summer..........:umm:
PS the 1125R is running and I've rode a it a few times but it's for sale. The EBR has 800 miles on it now and I talked the cop into just a warning. Never mind the plate registered to some other guy and motorcycle, no title thing. Title n registration is in at the state now. That EBR is quite the machina. Way too fast for public streets. :yikes::cheers: but hey someone's gotta do it.

Last edited:
I warned you BOB!
Rode it 5 miles round the country block and it runs awesome could hardly believe how good the motor sounds and runs, no back brake and front feels stiffer than it should. 5 miles is stretching it on a quart and a half fuel tank. :lmao:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Hey Gary, please help me here. I know you have a few of these Buells , could you please tell me exactly what you have?
Years and models ?

Hey Gary, please help me here. I know you have a few of these Buells , could you please tell me exactly what you have?
Years and models ?
I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition...:sneaky:
1991 Buell RS1200 AKA Westwind
yNq4PnH.jpg
2008 Buell 1125R (up for sale)
DSCN0014.JPG
2014 EBR 1190SX
14 kc mo.jpg

I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition...:sneaky:
1991 Buell RS1200 AKA Westwind
View attachment 141533
2008 Buell 1125R (up for sale)
View attachment 141534
2014 EBR 1190SX
View attachment 141535

Haha! :D
7C3DD559-51EB-4DC1-B441-336F9D751E50.png

I’ve heard you talk about them many times but I couldn’t get my head around which models you have. Ok, I’ve got it now, thanks! :cool:
The early one and the newest are the rarest I’m presuming. Btw, you wouldn’t believe all the nice, low mileage Buells for sale on Phoenix Craigslist right now, at some pretty low prices. Im guessing guys are afraid of parts availability?

Several factors to pricing thinks I,
Lots of young guys buy a bike like that, then grow up, get responsibilities, don't see the riding friends any more. No longer the new toy.
There's a large population that "do their own work" by dropping it off at the dealer.
That ain't happening anymore. They are a bit rough round the edges. But odd and quirky is right up my alley.

I think you’re right on in that assessment, I had the same thought about them needing to belong to a guy who does his own wrenching. I also think they are very cool! :thumbsup:

The used market is also rightfully hard on "Sport bikes" they tend to have been rode hard......Not to mention the old man riding a sport bike for more than 15 minutes thing.... The http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buell Forum ( a somewhat smaller clone of XS650 typical comment is; I expect to spend 50 to 75% of the purchase price on parts to make it right. Harley not Yamaha parts prices... "Labor is free" :wink2:
There are a few Harley dealers supporting Buells yet. The EBR's not so much. I have a back of my mind feeling that Harley went out of their way to "discourage" dealers from having anything to do with EBR. Since most engine parts are either Harley or Rotax there's strong availability there.

Last edited:
Back