Dakota tracker

Hey Dave, doin' good, spent most of last year crew cheifin' for my son racin' supermoto. Havin' a blast. Hope all is well with you!

Doing good. Glad to hear you are.Snowmobile season is here. New sled. Yea ha! Became grandpa second time this past friday. Sorry for the hijack rusty.

Yeah hijackin guys!!!!! ha ha. No Dave you are right pictures dont do justice to the parts. Near chrome is weird stuff some parts come out looking smooth and some come out grainy. I wish a guy didnt have to clear coat because my powder guys says it looks so much better without.

Rusty, can you clarify? Do you mean some near chrome parts come out good some don't in pictures, or some come out good, some don't in actual finish?

Seems like cast parts look grainy, sheetmetal and parts such as motor mounts come out smooth. Like I said if they didnt have to clearcoat it it looks very nice. I guess the uv rays kill the near chrome unless it is cleared. I thought as much as this thing is going to be in the sun I should have just went with the chrome and no clear.

I got my motor back from a friend that was going to put valve seals in it but when he opened up the top end he found out I had a scored piston. We bored it out 50mm to a total c.c. of 663. I painted the top end black and then sanded all of the fin edges bank to aluminium. Sure looks good, I have it back in the frame and am starting to get it buttoned back up.

Attachments

• DSC02918.jpg
    DSC02918.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 250
  • DSC02919.jpg
    DSC02919.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 234
  • DSC02920.jpg
    DSC02920.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 248
Back