Dakota tracker

I have my tank color sanded and its probably ready for final polishing but I think i,m going to spray one more coat of clear(3 coats). I only have one coat on my seat pan but ran out of 1500 grit paper.

Attachments

• DSC02624.jpg
    DSC02624.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 178
So does that horn filter work??

Cleanest horn in Illinois!

I was wondering the same thing. Must be an Illinois thing. Fill us in racerdave.

Actual K&N. A good buddy gave that to me back in the 90's when he had some K&N sponsorship for his dirt track racer. It's been on many bike key rings. Seeing as that it does have some dirt track roots, I think it's home on my Tracker.

Well Tim you have gone this far and had a hiccup, I say take your time and get it all the way you want it, so no kicking yourself in the butt. We will wait for it, will you?

Cleanest horn in Illinois!

Actual K&N. A good buddy gave that to me back in the 90's when he had some K&N sponsorship for his dirt track racer. It's been on many bike key rings. Seeing as that it does have some dirt track roots, I think it's home on my Tracker.

:thumbsup:.................

I was in sturgis this afternoon and took this picture of a poster on the wall of a local bar. The picture is of the sturgis fairgrounds half mile, this is the track that I watched my first flat track race and the reason I,m building a tracker. I wondered if any of the bikes we xs,s

Attachments

• DSC02630.jpg
    DSC02630.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC02631.jpg
    DSC02631.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 180
Very cool Tim!
Look what else I am going to build me a 82 Honda Ascot FT 500 electric start thumper to go with my 82 twin. My bike and my vision board.
520737-1369447809-520665.jpg
069.jpg

Well you still in there I know you had to come out for dinner? Anything to update?
Not to much to report. I also had ordered a small brake fluid canister for my rear brake since my stock plastic one was shot. It showed up yesterday also, so I made a small bracket for that. I will post a few pictures tonight. I'm looking forward to getting the pma installed so I can get some wiring done and get this thing fired up again.

I rebuilt my forks this after noon along with installing hughs handbuilt 1" fork lowering kit. everything went well but the old fork seals were a sum bitch to get out. The first leg was a little time consuming but the second went pretty quick.

Attachments

• DSC02651.jpg
    DSC02651.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 185
I had a paint guy cut and buff my tank and seat pan for me after I had sprayed everything in my garage. I had some dust nibs and a few imperfections that would have drove me crazy if i would have left them. I was going to do it all myself but I dont have a buffer and to buy one was going to cost me around $175.00 plus the compound. the best part was the paint guy charged me a 6-pack of 16oz busch lite. I also put on my aftermarket rear brake resevoir and got it plumbed with a piece of 3/8 steel line that I did a little bending on.

Attachments

• DSC02657.jpg
    DSC02657.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC02658.jpg
    DSC02658.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 197
  • DSC02661.jpg
    DSC02661.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC02664.jpg
    DSC02664.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 223
I wonder why my bike wasnt charging? Last yr when I bought my xs The p.o. had it on the charger(should have been a sign) he said it belonged to his son inlaw and it had sat outside for many years. Well I can see what sitting outside does, I took out the brushes and cleaned them up and then cleaned up what I could. By the looks of things I dont think my cleaning did any good I was probably still running off the battrey. Time for some goodness from hughs.

Attachments

• DSC02675.jpg
    DSC02675.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 156
  • DSC02676.jpg
    DSC02676.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 174
Great looking build. Very nice work. Can't go wrong with the classic yellow. Like the "Hurricane" lightning bolts on the helmet.

Back