Dammit!

pyroman

Pyroman
Reaction score
Yesterday, I changed the pads in My swamp cooler (evaporative air conditioner) to those blue-green type, thinking they might work better than the old cedar shaving type. Swapped it out, oiled the bearings, put a capful of bleach in the water, and turned it back on. It ran all day yesterday, and most of the day today. Our relative humidity here is usually really low, so the swampers work good.
Couple hours ago I went to move My 79 Tracker, the one in My avatar. OH SHIT! It was COVERED in hard water droplet residue. COVERED. All the chrome had begun pitting and the powder coat was spotted BADLY......The tank and logos on the tank were covered. The heat wrap on the headers.....In a panick I grabbed window cleaner and tried it on the tank. Nothing. I grabbed a spray bottle of WD-40 and sprayed the whole bike down, then strapped it onto My trailer and hauled ass for the car wash.
I sprayed the
whole bike for half an hour with the wand and got almost all of it off. The Sportster headlight brow is all spotted, as are the engine cases. The black powder coat cleaned up fine as did the yellow paint. I tried some wax on the eyebrow, no go. I will try semi-chrome next, then S-100, I guess. I lucked out, as My 46 Cheif was parked right next to it, but didnt get a drop on it! After the car wash I drove it around for a half hour in the 100 degree heat, to help dry it out. Now out to the shop to put it on the lift and start lubing everthing that got wet. I did fire it up and run it up and down the street a few times.....:mad::banghead::(:yikes::doh:.

Attachments

• street tracker finished 002.jpg
    street tracker finished 002.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 152
  • street tracker finished 007.jpg
    street tracker finished 007.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 122
  • street tracker finished 003.jpg
    street tracker finished 003.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 135
Back