Damn Insurance Companies rule the world!

RG -- you're doing something that future generations will find reprehensible. I don't know what it is, and neither do you. And it will not be fair for them to judge you by their standards.

Yes, I agree its time to wrap up this thread. It was very interesting but its starting to wander.
For sure Canadians do not agree with the American health and drug systems.
For sure Americans do not agree with the Canadian health and drug systems.
Apparently we are both happy with our own systems, or at least we have learned to tolerate it.
I see no reason to restart the war of 1812 again, especially since the USA's armed forces would kick our butt!

I suppose we could build a wall along our border, to ensure we avoid each other as much as possible:laugh2:

Last edited:
RG -- if you go even farther north you'll encounter Eskimos who'll loan you their wife for the night. You aren't going to condemn them for immorality because of that. It's a different place. You might think of different eras the same way.

I see no reason to restart the war of 1812 again, especially since the USA's armed forces would kick our butt!

....this time.

Not like the last time when we invaded Washington DC and burned the Executive Mansion and it had to be whitewashed to hide the scorch marks...after which it became....the White House.

Oooppps - I was trying to be a peacemaker here.

Sh!t.

Lend out the wife and she comes back better .
There was a guy who couldn't satisfy his wife and so she wanted to try out his friend. He said sure, and he started telling the friend what to do, do this do that, and pretty soon the wife was satisfied. So the husband puffs out his chest out and says see I knew I could do it.

"Damn the concept of personal responsibility. Full speed ahead!"

"If I had known that I'd have lived this long I'd have done things differently."

"Sometimes Grandma is just gonna have to take the pill."

A benevolent fiduciary or a tyrannical monster?

This hits home!!!!!! I was headed for a life of self employment as a young guy. Construction and Auto Body Repair were in my family and circle of friends. I wouldn't have been paying SSI and I would have had a minimum, if any, health insurance. Looking back, I did take the road of personal responsibility.

Scott

Last edited:
The cool thing about being an empire is they bring you appeasements of bacon if you knock out their snowball cannon.

How about everybody swing over to my place here in beautiful (but very flat) Windsor, Ontario - I’ve got plenty of BEvERages and we can shoot the sh!t about our bikes???

Pete

Never been to Windsor but many years back I was up in Sarnia for a sidecar rally. The motel/camp ground was,I believe right on route 22 about ten miles east of town. In those ten miles I don't thing the elevation varied more than a few inches and the road was straight as an arrow! They did manage to find a few curves along the rive south of the town!

If you do, please bring some of that maple syrup.

..... and Canadian bacon.

That reminds me of a vacation we took with my first wife's sister and brother-in-law. We were staying in an old small hotel in Ottawa with a small dining room, small enough that the waiter waiting table was also the cook! Anyhow brother-in-law ordered eggs and bacon for breakfast and asked this kid, I don't think he was over 18, if the bacon was "Canadian Bacon". Kid looked a little confused and then said Yes! Well when breakfast was served his plate had three thin sliced strips of bacon just like you would get at any diner in the USA. Seems what American call Canadian Bacon is not know as that in Canada! Guess he should have ordered back bacon or for a little better choice peameal bacon.

....this time.

Not like the last time when we invaded Washington DC and burned the Executive Mansion and it had to be whitewashed to hide the scorch marks...after which it became....the White House.

Oooppps - I was trying to be a peacemaker here.

Sh!t.
Pete if you do decide to invade stop by and spend some time talking motorcycles. By the way do I get special treatment if I show you that my mom's dad was in the Canadian Army back in WW I? Seems he was a recent immigrant to the USA from England back then and was tired of waiting for this country to join the fight!

KS - special treatment, you betcha. This time the invasion will Ben entirely friendly.

That bacon issue is really interesting. My folks took us on a tour of the Lewis & Clark caverns when I was a kid and the guide kept referring to the odd ridged formations on the ceiling of the cave as “Canadian bacon”. None of us had the faintest idea what he meant. That term is NEVER used here at all - as you point out, we call it either back bacon or peameal bacon.

Anyhow, I’d love to come by and chat about bikes - sounds great!

KS - special treatment, you betcha. This time the invasion will Ben entirely friendly.

That bacon issue is really interesting. My folks took us on a tour of the Lewis & Clark caverns when I was a kid and the guide kept referring to the odd ridged formations on the ceiling of the cave as “Canadian bacon”. None of us had the faintest idea what he meant. That term is NEVER used here at all - as you point out, we call it either back bacon or peameal bacon.

Anyhow, I’d love to come by and chat about bikes - sounds great!
Pete,

When I was with the Chosen Frozen in 2013 I got hooked on your Applewood smoked bacon.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Don't you have to love this group? Thread starts out with asthma Symbicort medication and has now progressed to bacon!

Just waiting for someone to say hickory or maple is better wood to smoke bacon with than the aforementioned apple-wood!:cheers:

So, now I'm wondering what you get if you order chinese food,

...... in China?...
Or what do they call Danish pastry in Denmark?

This just reminded me of a remark some lady who worked with my first said about what we Americans call English Muffins.
In her very strong British accent she said:"They aren't English and they aren't really muffins!"

Back