Dang it, Barny got me, AGAIN!

And now the Honda's gone too.
S-pO27.gif

Anyone want to buy my Sprinter van? Motorcycle hauler extraordinaire!
It's getting to that perfect state, where it's reliable, but looks rough enough bike sellers will cut you some slack and lower the price...
https://madison.craigslist.org/cto/d/2004-dodge-mercedes-sprinter/6366657774.html

01313_7CU3lS2SrW6_600x450.jpg

There was a great test article on the Sprinter back in the day in Road & Track. It basically said that the Sprinter was actually a decent sized garden shed into which someone had installed a Diesel engine and then somehow gotten the whole assembly to miraculously roll down the road.

It's been a great vehicle I will miss it for sure!
Holds 8 people or up to 4 XS650's LOL
We threw a futon in and traveled the country hitting the back country camgrounds.
It pulled the horse trailer all over the midwest for Allison's trail racing.
Filled it with firewood, hauled 5 cords a year.
Got up to 27MPG
Gotta be careful here might cancel the for sale ad!
One word RUST damn it.
https://madison.craigslist.org/cto/d/2004-dodge-mercedes-sprinter/6366657774.html

A couple of weeks ago my 03 Corolla's transmission finally departed this stage of existence (didn't really owe me a thing) so Momma and I went car shopping. I, perhaps mistakenly, mentioned that I really didn't care what I drove as long as it got me to work and back....

Picked up Momma's new Matrix last Friday. I'm now driving what used to be her 2003 Rav4.
Played like a 58 Gibson, but I love to see that smile.

And now the Sprinter's gone too. I'd wager the sprinter had more than 80 different motorcycles in it over the years.

But the replacement is here.
DSCN8304.JPG DSCN8314.JPG
Mostly too fancy for us farm folk....

And now the Sprinter's gone too. I'd wager the sprinter had more than 80 different motorcycles in it over the years.

But the replacement is here.
View attachment 108256 View attachment 108257
Mostly too fancy for us farm folk....

Cool! I love it! Ok I'm gonna help you out here. First get yourself a bitchin mural all over the side of that Van.
image.jpeg
Then put up a bunch of paneling and shag carpet on the inside. Maybe a bar and a disco ball.
image.jpeg image.jpeg
And you got yourself the makings of a for real shaggin wagon son!
image.jpeg

PS, stay away from my daughter!

And oh yeah, here's to the next 80 bikes!

Cleaned r out pretty good, Amazing thing about vans, even though it was "empty" it took two good sized cardboard boxes to hold all the stuff STILL in compartments, console seat pedestals, glove boxes, door pockets etc.
Even funnier was how much stuff that I hauled out of the shed and sent down the road with it, actually made a decent amount of room in the shed. Won't miss those 2 3 person bench seats we never used anymore. 2 mounted snows 3 rolled up van specific carpets. couple boxes of spares n extras. set of rotors and pads. etc etc.
Pete; I have never looked in your glove compartment, now I REALLY don't want to. :laughing:

Last edited:
Oh, you really should Gary - it’s chilly up here and that makes us value good underwear.

Back