deconstruction of the cafe racer

malloym

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
well after building my project for 2 yrs I have come to a cross-road. The bike looks killer and runs great, but i'm just not feeling it... I originally purchased the bike to do a bobber project and my friend convinced me not to chop the frame. For the past couple of weeks I have been battling with myself on what direction to take... Sell the bike or rebuild it differently.. I don't think selling would be a good option cause I wouldn't get near what I put into it and 2 the motor is freshly rebuilt and runs great. I've always like the gravel-crew bike and I think that is the direction i'm going to take. I can keep the swing arm (which already has all the goodies) do some mild frame mods, possibly have to re-powercoat, new tank and seat and i'm basically done. Figured id vent and give a heads up.. I'll finally do a build thread and keep an eye in the forsale section as I will have tons of parts to sell off.

her she is in her current state.

bike009.jpg

and this is the direction.

http://www.gravel-crew.com/custom/viewcat.php?cid=150&min=5&orderby=dateD&show=5&gid=207

Last edited:
If you could find an old basket case and chop it that would be the way to go. That bike looks great how it is

I would chop that bitch up like I was the green river killer. It looks killer now but if it isn't what you want, do what you gotta do.

- or you buy yourself another elcheapo shitter and start all over again with a clean slate while you ride this one through the summer

- or you buy yourself another elcheapo shitter and start all over again with a clean slate while you ride this one through the summer

I have to say, I agree with this. That silver cafe is just too sweet.
Wish I had bunches of $$ - I'd buy it from ya.

Back