delete this

pate its a toss up on numbness in your finger.At times the nerve endings that remain can attract like a magnet the endings of the other side of the injury.other times it just stays numb.Range of motion is most important.Toss up.

Hi Ron,
"the Devil is in the details" Best to cauterize with a soldering iron that's only been used with lead-free solder.
And an anti-amputation tip:- Never use a table saw when you are pissed off.
Luckily for Mr. Stupid the blade bit into my thumb end-on so it's still with me although there's some loss of feeling and an interesting scar.
kind of like worrying about an impending thunderstorm and korean nukes are heading our way.

Hmmmm....I lost my left index finger tip in a hydraulic cylinder mishap in Oxnard California in 1985. Off - clean as a whistle.

Hi Pete,
back 'ome I used to buy 1/2-price used lumber "Inside every beat-up 6x6 is a clean 4x4" their sign said, along with "WE don't sell green lumber."
Their lot was a mebbe 15 foot high layer of salvaged lumber with a huge "flying table" circular saw in the middle to cut up baulks of salvaged wood into whatever size you wanted. The sawyers one hand had all of it's digits, t'other one had a palm with scar tissue and a thumb. The closest he came to the saw's blade was the safe end of his 6 foot push-stick.
But back to your own missing finger end. Learning to calculate in base 9-1/2 can't have been easy?

Hi Pete,
back 'ome I used to buy 1/2-price used lumber "Inside every beat-up 6x6 is a clean 4x4" their sign said, along with "WE don't sell green lumber."
Their lot was a mebbe 15 foot high layer of salvaged lumber with a huge "flying table" circular saw in the middle to cut up baulks of salvaged wood into whatever size you wanted. The sawyers one hand had all of it's digits, t'other one had a palm with scar tissue and a thumb. The closest he came to the saw's blade was the safe end of his 6 foot push-stick.
But back to your own missing finger end. Learning to calculate in base 9-1/2 can't have been easy?

Fortunately I only lost the first 1/8" or so off one corner of the tip - so I am working in base 9.87 I think.. Just enough to expose the bone. YUK!

Fortunately I only lost the first 1/8" or so off one corner of the tip - so I am working in base 9.87 I think.. Just enough to expose the bone. YUK!

Hi Pete,
Ooh, that must have nailed it. Your cautionary tale gives "Rounding Off" a whole new meaning.

As the song says, "I fought the saw, and the, saw won"

Like Fred I got lucky, everything's there, just one thumb a little shorter than the other now.

Gave my sons some table saws etc. and wrote on them with a magic marker:
"Note: Fingers must stay on hands"

Last edited:
hey ya'll, the old bike is in the garage for now.108 degrees is just too hot to be out there working on it.I can hardly wait to get back to it.I sold my magna to a little girl yesterday.I now own a yamaha venture.Sweet ride.Great for touring.I will get the xs going, have a great intown bike then.

I thought you wanted your posts deleted...??????.......
well I said delete this.But some of us are having fun kidding around with each other so I guess it isn't going to be deleted.Maybe the title should be changed to continue this.But no one is required to add a comment or even view this thread.Please do not reply here if this annoys you.

Back