Did Pamco update their ignition?

manofsteele

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I got my pamco in the mail about week ago and I'm just getting around to installing and it looks a little different then the ones I've seen in pictures. The ones I've seen have the magnets equal distance from each other and the one I got seems that they are paired closer together. Also the black capacitor in the pics is smaller then the one I have and it sticks up more. I'm sure this is the new style, just making sure I didn't get something wrong.

Also, I installed it yesterday along with all my wiring. I don't have the plugs hooked up yet but I did turn on the ignition to check all my lights and everything else. I didn't leave it on for long and I didn't crank it over. I just wanna be sure I didn't damage anything. Thanks.

Pete has made improvements to his ignition. The magnets may appear different because the dwell was changed from 90 degrees to 60 degrees. I have the 60 degree model, and makes my bike run great. The shorter dwell is energy saving....................so gotta love that!

I noticed that too when I installed mine back in Feb. Contacted Pete and he set me straight :thumbsup:. Installed easy. Set the timing. Runs like a top (Except for some minor jetting problems). TCI works ok when it works, but when it dies, PAMCO time! :D :bike:

Back