DIY Suicide clutch with Jockey shifter

I suggest a Piece of Polished aluminum nice and shiny like chrome , Aluminum so it dissipates heat real fast and about 1/2" off the pipe
it will get too hot to touch fast but will slow down the radiated heat a huge amount..... those pipes are allot like those on a Honda 305 scrambler and they were murder on legs.... My sister has many scars on her left leg because of them , I had a big one and Poor o'l brother in law had the worst...... and it had the stock shields on it..... they didn't cover near enough pipe !
from the looks of things you'll want off that thing in a big way in 20 to 30 minutes and water to cool the leg !
DO NOT ride that thing with shorts on ! ....... you have been warned !
..... Good luck !
Bob...........

Great job on that shifter/clutch.... now why'd you have to go and give me ideas?!?! Lol.

The wrap does an amazing job with those pipes. I've ridden shorts and sandals arround the block chasing carb problems with my build, never an issue with a burn. The only complaint I've got is with the left pipe's curved portion. I ride with full on boots and jeans, the forward control leg position + wind = your jeans fluttering and rubbing on that section of curved pipe. On my ride it causes pre-mature failure of the wrap in that specific curved area.

OW...I bet you go through alot of burn cream with your left foot that close to that much Red hot exhaust pipe, how about a shield on that closest pipe to protect your leg eh ?
Bob......
ive never had a problem with heat from the pipes. i always ride with jeans (youre an idiot if you dont) and the pipe wrap does a great job of keeping the heat in. Ive riden this bike for 200+ mile stretches without noticing the heat. an aluminum shield would look badass, but its just not needed.

Looks great! Looks like we came up with basically the same idea :)
oh yea, i also wired a neutral light into the top of my headlight when I did the foot clutch mod. It makes it 100% to learn the foot clutch. i HIGHLY suggest you think about doing a neutral light.

Back