DIY Walnut Motorcycle Service Bench

This wooden table would go in my living room to showcase my recent finished motorcycle during the winter. Thanks for the print!

Hey thanks for posting that link, I just had time to read it. If any of you are considering building one of these , this link has really detailed info with tons of photos!
View attachment 177375 View attachment 177376
Man that white kid sticks out like a pecker on a poodle! Wait....was that inappropriate during these sensitive trying times? Bawhahaha!

GAAAH! Variations on the flip benches that were in every shop when I was young. I could tell some ugly stories about flip bench mishaps, but I'll keep it to only one.

Boss rolls brand new Norton Commando onto bench and fails to get the side stand down all the way. Stand flips up, bike comes down, boss (a big guy) catches it in his arms and hollers "Don't stand there gawking, get that stand down, fool!"

Just stumbled on this today, what great work! At the end of Mailman's link is another link to a quick YouTube he has loading a bike on and rolling it around, pretty cool.
Somehow I think for the cost of lumber nowadays (cheap Maple) you may be better off buying a steel one lol.

I don’t have a wooden bike table because my woodworking tools take up too much space lol. That’s the issue with a garage shop. I have zero wall space due to cabinets, lathes and usable work benches. I can put three bikes in there and work comfortably with the setup I have. For now it’s a kneeling pad and dolly’s. image.jpg

I don’t have a wooden bike table because my woodworking tools take up too much space lol. That’s the issue with a garage shop. I have zero wall space due to cabinets, lathes and usable work benches. I can put three bikes in there and work comfortably with the setup I have. For now it’s a kneeling pad and dolly’s.View attachment 257924
My situation exactly. I could certainly build one, and if I wanted to bad enough I could buy a hydraulic one, but ALL of them take up x amount of floor space whether there's a bike on them or not and I can't spare it.

I saw this on another forum and I thought it was pretty impressive ( if a bit large ) I appreciated the craftsmanship in it. It’s a work table patterned after one he’d seen at the Wheels Through Time Museum, all handmade from hardwood, it features a built in ramp that tips forward and locks in place as you push the bike up on it, and casters that can be locked down to roll the whole table around. I just thought some of you might enjoy reading about it. There has been a lot of talk about bike tables recently.
-Bob

https://www.dotheton.com/index.php?threads/diy-walnut-motorcycle-service-bench.75622/

View attachment 177334 View attachment 177335
That a neat table. Needs tons of space however.

Back