Do Bobbers handle?

there is No reason a modified frame wouldn't handle......if it's done right !
the problem is the suspension..... some guys ride with a 1/2" of padding on the seat and are fine with it....
others need 4" and still have a sore butt !
Add to that the lack of suspension as in a hard tail and the only suspension you have in the back is the tire flex
and buddy that makes for a rough ride ! especially if you air up the tire to it's proper specs !
I have ridden a hard tail that wasn't very bad at all actually the rear tire was quite underinflated but it wasn't like you felt every pebble
in the road.... but any chuck holes loosened the fillings in your teeth and threatened to damage the rear tire !
I'm all for making a bike look good but suspension is what it is for a reason all you have to do is tale a hard tail off road one time to discover that suspension is a good thing !
if the bike don't handle you did something wrong.... so don't stop till it handles right !
I had a bike that was like riding a refrigerator one time... a 500 4 honda some one modified the rear wheel and laced on a big o'l fat tire
on it..... it looked cool..... however in a hard corner if you let off the throttle a tiny amount the bike would straighten up and send you out of your line real fast....... it did that to me once.... I wound up in the ditch with road rash all over and I discovered the problem after that
...it was the swing arm bushings...or lack there of !
I would say that that bike did not handle worth a darn...... but it wasn't because it was a 500-4 it was the owner's fault !
it could have been fixed , instead I traded it in on a Yamaha virago ! LOL
that bike would go great in a straight line..... but Handling takes a bit more than that !
you can have no suspension in the rear and corner like a bat out of hell..... if it's set up right !
but over the long haul your ass will be hurting !
..... that's my 2 coppers !
Bob.......

Back