Don't have a regulator/rectifier, what are my options?

projectxs650

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So I'm wiring my bike with a very basic, very minimal wiring diagram. My goal is to finish wiring it tonight or by the end of tomorrow. I don't have a regulator, or a rectifier, What i'm wondering is where can I get one asap? is this a part that i could find in a hardware store? or automotive store? or does it have to be Xs650 specific? how much do they usually cost?

Thanks

Go to autozone and get a regulator for a 1975 Dodge Dart 6cylinder. Then go to radio shack and get the parts you need to build the rectifier.

Works great!

Print out the second post here. All you need to know.

I did the whole thing for about $20. Has worked amazingly well! Got the nylon screws from ACE Hardware. They were too long, but it was easy to snip them to match with a razor blade.

Yes it works well (read my signature) and you have a warrenty of a year on the regulator too!

good luck at RS. I just went there today (Canadian version: The Source) and they don't carry it anymore. I am pretty sure RS still will though...

14g. I would use nothing bigger or smaller for these items. You can use 16g for running to the lights and such, but 14g for these core power items. Also, don't forget to heat shrink all if your connections. :cheers:

Back