Dual mikuni throttle cable help

Scoots

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
New to the forum, got my flame suit on.

Im looking for a 2-1 cable for my slide style “mikuni” carbs. The current one I have is for a Yamaha blaster four wheeler and the barrel ends on the carb side are too short.

I’ve read around, used the search function and I’m not seeing the answer I’m looking for other than people got them with their kit or the bike they purchased.

The only reason I’m using this setup is it was a cheap means for carb replacement, the ones on the bike were froze, and broke the float mounts, the next set I ordered I got stiffed and they were from a 400.

gonna venture into the wild Tomorrow and see if I can’t track something down but any info is much appreciated.
83221F65-9B79-467E-8807-5EBB6E775CE3.jpeg
D20771A1-8F48-4171-9E44-1232567B4529.jpeg

I think there are places that custom build cable. I'm not sure if Motion Pro still does or not.
You can buy all the bits and pieces from Flanders and build your own. You may find the bits other placers.
Have you read the thread on the Kawasaki Ninja EX500 carbs? I have a set on my 75. A very good set of carbs. A newer design that modern gas don't mess with as much. Easy to tune once you get the right parts. Very smooth running. Great acceleration, smooth transitions through the entre RPM range.
They use just one cable, this make the sync much easier.
Leo

I think there are places that custom build cable. I'm not sure if Motion Pro still does or not.
You can buy all the bits and pieces from Flanders and build your own. You may find the bits other placers.
Have you read the thread on the Kawasaki Ninja EX500 carbs? I have a set on my 75. A very good set of carbs. A newer design that modern gas don't mess with as much. Easy to tune once you get the right parts. Very smooth running. Great acceleration, smooth transitions through the entre RPM range.
They use just one cable, this make the sync much easier.
Leo
I have not looked into the ninja, thing, I'm kind of new to this bike thing and I'm trying to learn as I go. Ill look into this motion pro option you speak of and ill check flanders out too. The blaster cable i have it almost spot on but its about a 1/2" short on the carb side and i cannot get the barrel into the carb.

Scoots, while you're at it, strip those carbs and post a jet list. That means all the brass--slides, pilot jets, needle jets, needles, and main jets. The PO might have known what he was doing, but I wouldn't bet on it at any odds. Baseline jetting for those TM series flat slides runs very close to what works in VM series round slide carbies. You might think about using a petcock that will let you clean up that fuel line routing.

Scoots, while you're at it, strip those carbs and post a jet list. That means all the brass--slides, pilot jets, needle jets, needles, and main jets. The PO might have known what he was doing, but I wouldn't bet on it at any odds. Baseline jetting for those TM series flat slides runs very close to what works in VM series round slide carbies. You might think about using a petcock that will let you clean up that fuel line routing.
I just purchased these carbs new in the box, they came with a couple sets of jets I can post tomorrow while on quarantine. The tank and everything will be changed including the petcock, this is all a temporary proof of concept kind of thing, this bike has been thrown together from a box of unknown items and 3 other parts bikes, wanna make sure everything functions before I start working on the form end of it.

Back