DUI-E

I was in traffic one day and I saw the car in front of me suddenly swerve to the right and smash into the curb. I caught up to them and it was a young woman furiously texting on her phone. She hardly even hesitated after banging into the curb and went right back to her texting .You can always spot them in traffic, they suddenly slow down and start swerving all over the road like a drunk.
I see them and I always slow down and get behind them because I don’t want them BEHIND ME!

I've been rear ended 4 times by people texting while driving. No damage to my truck. Average damage to their car around $1,000 to each one. I leave my hitch in the receiver just for this reason.

....it’s times like that when you wish you were driving a puke green ‘68 Chevy Biscayne with a really big trailer hitch on it.

I tried putting in the longitude and latitude you supplied and I placed you somewhere in the middle of the Indian Ocean.
Just copy the coordinate, and go to google maps and paste it in the search box and click on the magnifying glass. Will take you to within ten feet of where I was. Then drag the yellow man over and drop there. Back on topic though, cell phones -- boooooo!

Lets get this out there DUI-E elevates the seriousness of this offence to where it needs to be.
Seriously the threat of a DUI class ticket would help me change my bad habits.
It's been illegal here for years, but outside of the greater Dublin area, the chances of being seen doing it by a cop are tiny, and most dozy pillocks carry on doing it. I was nearly taken out by a dimwit last week who drifted over onto my side of the road. Whether he was simply drunk or texting, I don't know, but I'd lay money on the latter.
The problem is, that most idiots don't take it seriously. They, by now, are mostly aware of 'normal' DUI and how unacceptable it is (but there are always some who do it, of course), but phone usage whilst driving doesn't strike them as being dangerous.
There needs to be some public floggings or something, to make these twats sit up and take notice.

Back