E-starter

vr3506

vr3506
Reaction score
Have a question about the E-Startermotor

In the XS2, Yamaha listed the startermotor under number 306-81800-10 , later the number changed to 306-81800-12.
Did Yamaha make a change in the startermotor (other partnumber) and if so, what did they change?

Looking forward to some answers...
Regards
Jan

In all my partz swapping I've never had a motor not fit n work. So if there's a diff, it's prolly not a big deal.

When I restored my XS2, I was working on my motor and a discussion started. I thought I remembered that it was discovered that the same starter was used in all years? I know that the motor is plenty powerful enough to easily kick my motor over without the use of the decompression lever. I still have the decompressor hooked up, but I have the cable slacked off so it doesn’t operate.

When I restored my XS2, I was working on my motor and a discussion started. I thought I remembered that it was discovered that the same starter was used in all years?
Yeah, that's what we figured out. As I recall, there was a minor difference in the stud for the power cable, but all years used the same .5KW 12V motor.

Back