easy fit caliper?

CalAl
The modern rotors are a vast improvement & much lighter than the standard (very heavy) XS650 rotor.
As far as I know there are no modern calipers that will bolt straight on but I fitted R1/Fazer blue spot caliper and have posted details here
Also read the thread on what modern rotors will fit if you want to save a few dollars here
good luck & if you have any questions, just ask
Cheers Kev

A saw & a drill press will do it Aalan, it does not need to be CNC machined, I initially made a template out of thin sheet & transferred those dimensions to CNC machining because I had the facilities.
If you dont fancy doing it yourself, Im sure these people can make what you need, just choose the caliper you want http://fishheadbigbrakes.com/
nothing ventured, nothing gained & what have you got to lose :confused: you can always put the original back on, only going to cost you the price of a second hand caliper :thumbsup:

Kev - getting back to my brake upgrade, if you're still around...
This list of rotors - (320mm 6 bolt 80mm circle) do they share the same 65mm inner opening to mate with the XS650 hub?

Sorry Aalan, I cant say if those rotors have the required 65mm ID your looking for, I have no experience of them. Anyone else know?
The XS Performance rotor, as fitted to my XS, also came with an aluminium adaptor which spaced the rotor to the correct position relative to the caliper. Would be very easy to make one if you have access to a lathe or know someone who has.

Back