Elect wire continuity question

Sorry i spent the time taking pics and explaining things so they couldn't be misinterpreted.........I an not responsible if you cant get your point across and give false information............talk about ungrateful

Last edited:
Your turn signal light will have a Dg , (Dark green), and Ch, (Chocolate) wires from the bulb and there should be an earth, (black) there as well.......
Turn signal. dark blue. Many schematics for the XS650. I don't need to see tach at night anyway.

Attachments

• Rick.LateXS650E&AllXS650SE,2F&SF.jpg
    Rick.LateXS650E&AllXS650SE,2F&SF.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 105
That diagram is up the shit.
No.............all XS650 turn signal wires are.............

Left signal runs on a Ch, (chocolate), wire

Right turn signal runs on a Dg (dark green), wire........

From a 78 Wiring loom head light bucket
DSCF7015 3.jpg
DSCF7015 3.jpg

This is a better loom to work from
78_XS650SE.jpg

This is from a 77 but has the wiring Key...top left corner.....the key is.pretty much the same for all Xs650's
xs7_77D.jpg

650 Skull, was trying to post something here about the 1978 Gauges but when I was looking at mine that center group of lights had the printing almost 100% gone so I did not feel comfortable trying to explain which lights were which.

I printed out a copy of the gauges you posted so at least I can have that for reference.

It can get confusing the way the mother ship felt the need to change where lights were from one year to the next. Not sure but seem to recall my 1982 has the high beam indicator in the center display!

What does "Mine is not per your Schematic" mean?? ..........your loom???...... the schematic you have been using???............You said you got the loom from Mikes..............

All looms from 70-83 are in the "Tech menu"......Under "Electrical".............

This is a better loom to work from
View attachment 136543

This is from a 77 but has the wiring Key...top left corner.....the key is.pretty much the same for all Xs650's
View attachment 136544
Like you posted earlier. My tach is for a SR500. Yamaha was not consistent like BMW. The old wiring harness was terrible. Wire folded back on it self and other stuff. Black tape can hide a lot of defects. Thanks for solving the issue. The title and stamping on bike says the bike is a XS650SE/

650 Skull, was trying to post something here about the 1978 Gauges but when I was looking at mine that center group of lights had the printing almost 100% gone so I did not feel comfortable trying to explain which lights were which.

I printed out a copy of the gauges you posted so at least I can have that for reference.

It can get confusing the way the mother ship felt the need to change where lights were from one year to the next. Not sure but seem to recall my 1982 has the high beam indicator in the center display!

78/79 has the tower as per the pic i posted..........80 and on they dropped the red taillight warning light, moved the headlight fail-safe light up one and added the neutral from the Rev counter to the bottom of the tower.

Like I reported, I took all that junk off.

No you said all the relays........not the tower with the warning lights and removing the relay's only affects one light in the tower...........The PO or yourself have removed the tower and added the SR500 Tac to give your self an indicator light...........

All blue wires are Power.............all brown wires are power............

No you said all the relays........not the tower with the warning lights and removing the relay's only affects one light in the tower...........The PO or yourself have removed the tower and added the SR500 Tac to give your self an indicator light...........

All blue wires are Power.............all brown wires are power............
Thanks.

This is a pic of my headlight bucket. The two diodes are for turn signal light in tach housing. As I mentioned earlier, I removed all the Yamaha "junk"
that did not work. I ended up with 4 spare wires to the turn signal cancel unit. Much more simple now.

Attachments

• headlight.jpg
    headlight.jpg
    342 KB · Views: 110
Back