Electrical parts - what are these ?

David M

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've just removed all of the wiring as part of my 1975 XS650 street tracker project. I'm heading towards the minimalist electrical approach when I reassemble everything.

In the picture attached here, can someone help me identify the silver cylinder in the center and the rectangular rubber cased item just to the right ?

In the event that I find it necessary to reinstall them, is location important ? I'm planning to make up a plate with a cover near the battery to mount all of the other electrical components such as the regulator. I'd really like to centralize all of this stuff.

Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• P1030289(Medium).JPG
    P1030289(Medium).JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 208
hi,, the silver bit is a flasher can,,, and the thing on the right is a coil ,, and the square long thing ,,i,m buggered... sorry... regards oldbiker

Thanks guys. It looks like I can put those on the "Do not reinstall" list. I will likely use LED turn signals and use a different flasher. I love it when that list grows.

oops 75 did't have a canceller must be the light checker green/yellow, yellow, and black wires? find the 75 wiring diagram and track back the wiring for that to see what can be eliminated

Back