Electronic Ignition for xs650

paul650cn

XS650 Member
Reaction score
we need some information to produce a new e-ignition for xs650,any one who can offer me.best regards.

feel free to contact me,188334306@qq.com.free sample will be sent to you.

How about some background information.......................What sort of information are you after?......................... and if you don't have any ideas or a working ignition how are you going to send a free sample............................??????

How about some background information.......................What sort of information are you after?......................... and if you don't have any ideas or a working ignition how are you going to send a free sample............................??????

we need a set of OEM ignition point ,include timing rotor.

and also dimension from top of shaft to OEM plate.we are good at electrical of vintange bike.

I am internet cautious....................

You still haven't given any background information about yourself or your business.................Question still not answered?????.

Telling us you can produce an electronic ignition but don't have a bike to work on, still doesn't answer any of my questions or install any confidence that you are legit.

Yes i said legit.......................Posting an email address, such as yours, (a few numbers), and asking others to get in touch with you through this email is concerning to say the least. That coupled with evasive answers and a lack of willingness to give any information about yourself, experience, or a company that can be googled I am inclined to write you off as malicious.

I welcome you to prove me wrong

I am internet cautious....................

You still haven't given any background information about yourself or your business.................Question still not answered?????.

Telling us you can produce an electronic ignition but don't have a bike to work on, still doesn't answer any of my questions or install any confidence that you are legit.

Yes i said legit.......................Posting an email address, such as yours, (a few numbers), and asking others to get in touch with you through this email is concerning to say the least. That coupled with evasive answers and a lack of willingness to give any information about yourself, experience, or a company that can be googled I am inclined to write you off as malicious.

I welcome you to prove me wrong
check our web,www.tytronic.com. or you can search old_honda on ebay.

Paul650CN:

You tell us that you don't hav an XS650 - but there are plenty for sale, so just go buy one. That what the rest of us have done.

If you're not willing to do that - then stop wasting people's time.

Little worried about R&D if you don't have a bike and only need dimensions for one part.
Not sure if you have checked the electronic ignition market pertaining to the XS, but there are several out there that were designed by people who have done extensive testing and research, for years, on an actual bike and know their market. ('80+ came with electronic ignition, stock, and my 35yr old one still works fine)
Some own entire XS related business' and have raced these bikes for decades.

As a business owner, some of my questions are:
What will your price point be?
What is wrong with the other e-ignitions out there and why is yours better?
Is it manufactured in-house?
Where do you get your parts from? (Many here have had very bad experiences with Chinese electronic parts burning up and frying systems)

You need to understand that this is a very close knit group that revolves around not just one manufacturer of motorcycles, but one specific model. So when someone wants to propose a new system, we are very scrutinizing due to the love of our bikes.

My ignition cost $95 and is extremely reliable. It was designed and is manufactured by someone on here that is truly a friend to all of us, has extensive knowledge about these bikes and extremely participatory on this forum.

Just my thoughts

Well stated Littlebill................................. tim

Whats on your web site is nothing new. With a MSD box and a car ignition pickup you have a point less ignition. So you need to give a little more than a one page web site. Even I had more than a one page web site. There are so many ignitions out there and asking for free parts or size shows me you are green in this market. There are many points plates that inter change from bike to bike and your site is a pre made plate so you got to give a little more to get these guys and my attention. Most R&D company's will buy up there competitors parts and look at what they are doing to improve it???? WHY NOT with you. I give away a lot of parts to help people out to get there bike back on the road but this just sounds like a pipe dream of someone doing just the same as whats out there. MAYBE I am wrong but these guys are smart on here and will test you.
HAVE A GREAT DAY

Seems to me a 'english second language' thing. Language barrier.

So a lot of time has passed since this thread originated and has anybody tried one yet? And what coils are compatible with this setup? No secondary "box" just replaces points plate? I see they are still on E-BAY and still have a small web page with a few pictures but little written info and no real user feedback to amount to any real assesment of reliability or , really anything useful......Anybody know more?????????????????

Still as dubious now as when they first jumped on this forum. No one seems to be taking a chance with their gear, probably for the same reasons you stated. However they did manage to post a plug about their product and a link to their very odd website. That was probably there intent.

Back