Electronic Ignition for xs650

is that the same as the dwell I used to set in my old ford? I think I answeereddeed my own question, I didn't used to set the gap I would set the Dwell on me points

Total was $110 USD
Yes I understood them to be referring to dwell also.
I think it will work fine with any coil in the 2.5 to 5 ohm primary range.
2019-11-09-07-23-www.tytronic.com.png

Couple notes, ramblings;
I think the black and red dots on the rotor are the "dwell" looks like about 60 degrees or 30 degrees crank. Pete did similar He first used 90 degrees tween the magnets then changed to 60 degrees. With two units on the plate, like two points sets it seems it might be possible to reposition one for use on a rephased crank motor.... This might solve an issue for me. I like the "potted" look of the electronics (coils?) and fairly thick looking wires I have always thought the Pamco would have been better done this way.
For the record LOL order date was 11-8-19

Last edited:
Guangzhou is an amazing place - almost everything seems to be made there and EVERYTHING is for sale there.

P

Last edited:
Well, considering where it is made, it seems a bit pricey. Probably only costs them pennies to produce these in PRC, but beggars can’t be choosers...
I would be curious to see any legible install notes or an informed technical review of the product. Thanks to ggGary giving it a try.

Yes well done Gary this will be of benefit to many what ever the out come.
Here is a link to another forum thread that could be helpful.
http://www.2strokeworld.net/forum/index.php?topic=111.0

It is on a two stroke and is crank driven I haven't really read through the thread but it looks to me like it is a points replacement with no advance or retard. Basic principal is still similar.

Total was $110 USD
Yes I understood them to be referring to dwell also.
I think it will work fine with any coil in the 2.5 to 5 ohm primary range.
View attachment 153660
Couple notes, ramblings;
I think the black and red dots on the rotor are the "dwell" looks like about 60 degrees or 30 degrees crank. Pete did similar He first used 90 degrees tween the magnets then changed to 60 degrees. With two units on the plate, like two points sets it seems it might be possible to reposition one for use on a rephased crank motor.... This might solve an issue for me. I like the "potted" look of the electronics (coils?) and fairly thick looking wires I have always thought the Pamco would have been better done this way.
For the record LOL order date was 11-8-19

So Pete's dwell was 30 degrees at the crank, and it was for a Special years coil.

soooo after using a google translator, to write these guys a email, I was surprised to have ended up being a distributor for these guys, .lol that wasn't the point of the E mail but uh ok.. anyways as soon as GgG gary lets us know if these are good for our uses, I can provide them for a discount over the prices on there web site... feels kinda weird to me, as Im a mechanic, not a service writer/salesman … if anyone has ever worked in the auto repair industry they know that mechanic/technitions are one kinda person... and service writers/salesman are another kind of person... and I have found Ive never fit or gotton on to well in there world (salemen)… but I digress... Like I said I was gonna wait for GGG gary to try it and let us known but now Im kinda jelous and I want to be a guinnie pig too... so Im gonna try one too and I will report back, but don't take my word for its quality lol since Im now allowed to distribute them...

ok guys , there are three kits on there way to me now... so as soon as we know if these are any good , then I will have them to offer up to anyone that is interested... If your dieing to try one now, I can ship it out to you , but I would prefer that ggg gary and I put them thru there paces and sort out the details before hand, the price will be lower than the websites price...

I'm wishing you guys luck with that but I'm still holding out for Mike's to work out their bugs in that $70 ignition. Would like to see some emphasis here in helping them with that. Their instructions look damn good, better than Pete's instructions here that I always had trouble following. Still don't believe there was any theft involved there, more like a handoff.

$110 is a lot compared to some other Chinese products. I wouldn't be surprised if one could work out a best offer kind of deal, especially buying in quantity. If they work out. He says he's been at it for 25 yrs.and they look good from what you can see, so... Hurry up boat.

Any reseller should prolly factor in a percentage to cover a failure rate, so they can eat an occasional defective unit without reservation. Will be interesting to seen how resistant they are to PMA capacitor voltage "excursions" and DIY wiring snafus. Wonder why the price discrepancy between the Yamaha and Honda pricing?

Last edited:
Will be interesting to seen how resistant they are to PMA capacitor voltage "excursions" and DIY wiring snafus. Wonder why the price discrepancy between the Yamaha and Honda pricing?
gary, are you putting it on a bike with a pamco charging system? are you using stock points style coils??

Back