Electronic Ignition for xs650

so if any needs some orings for BS38 needle jets (that never come in the rebuild kit) I have 100 viton ones

I finally did find an actual size listing for these in a Suzuki parts diagram. The 1 x 4 does work, I've used quite a few of them, but the actual size is a little smaller .....

1UJ8RsE.jpg

I may try 1mm x 3.3mm when I run out of the 1 x 4's .....

BK5VGT8.gif

wow :bow::bow::bow:
I thought I was cool figuring out what to put there, never ceases to amaze me the documentation you guys seem to find,
as for the fitment I find that after pulling out the needle valve and cleaning the passage where it goes with a soft brush that sometimes it seems to be a little looser after the corotion and dust is gone, so I would assume a 4mm id 6mm od woud work better, but that's just my opinion,

ive never had a set of 34s, I was just gifted a second set of 78 79 bs 38s in the last week,
I think I might make a thread on my rebuilding procces on the second set, Im half way thru the first set today,
I also am excited to make a installation video on the tytronics, since I recived them yesterday, I still don't know if the condenser is to be used, Oh and to answer mr moto on the question of why some tytronics kits come with the resistor, I belive it is for bikes that have 6 volt coils but im not sure, anyone eklse have any ideas??

oh and I may have a line on some aluminum intake manifolds for using bs 38, or mikuni 34s, the ones from places like tc bros are to exspensive 79 dollars for a couple flanges and sort pieces of tube, if anything I will be fabricating my own tig welded versions shortluy

So Ive been sick for a few days, so I apoligise that I haven't made a video like I said I would installing the tytronics, I actually haven't even had a chance to put hands on the bike,... I belive that you guys should be getting the ones I passed on real soon, as far as I can tell the istalation is reallllllllly simple, I mostly want to make a video fro the purposes of learning how to make and edit a video, so that I can begin to do more of them, so far the biggest videos I have made have been pretty short and simple, exsample here of a 64 triumph TT T100 I built. sorry not an xs… but I have a fleet of xs bikes soon to be shared.....
SO how do you guys sugest we figure out whether to use the condensors or not, and maybe it will be self evident when I actually go to install it,

Gary did you recive the one you ordered from tytronics yet? and Garry did I understand that you are going to use a pamco "brain" with it to have electronic adavance????

also I have been talking with a electronics guy I know and I have shown him the boyer set up I have for another bike and he says the plate and trigger system is just pennies worth of parts , so there may be another system in the works from here in Oregon, we need to better understand the rest of the bhoyer "box" system,

Last edited:
SO how do you guys sugest we figure out whether to use the condensors or not
Well as I said before, condensor's there to reduce arcing and extend the life of the points. no point's... no condensor needed.
Here's a guy installing your system on a Superhawk. He threw the points and condensor away.

Gary, #8 on the instruction sheet. I believe they are saying that the red wire is connected to a brown wire controlled by the switch. Just connecting the red wire to the coil without 12v + will not work. Heck, we know that.

A language problem with the instructions, but I do like #15. That explains the resistor used with some of their installations.

Last edited:
Got one in my hands. Yep, each pickup can be adjusted by about 1/8" on the plate to get both pickups individually timed. The pickup screws do protrude past the back surface of the plate, maybe a mounting problem? That potting is a nicely molded plastic housing. The magnets on the rotor are very strong. The rotor has the surface of a fine casting, without any signs of machining or tumbling. Nice insulators on the bullet connectors. Just beautiful work on the harness sheath. Nice box too.

Scott

Last edited:
WHOOOOOW, hang on one darn minute!!!!!!!!!!!! I got something different than you Gary.

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT, you won't believe this.

There is one green LED light on each of my pickups. ON BOARD TIMING LAMPS Honest.

Last edited:
Are the super cheap tytronic eBay electronic ignitions on eBay worth it? Are they missing anything?

If you say it just pennies worth of parts why pay more for ones that cost more?

Cafetools
Are the super cheap tytronic eBay electronic ignitions on eBay worth it? Are they missing anything?

If you say it just pennies worth of parts why pay more for ones that cost more?

just because there is only "pennies worth of parts" doesn't meen we have figured out where to source them ,where to get or make backing plates (boyer are composite) tytronics are aluminum ..also Im not in manufacturing or sales, Im a mechanic, but I do belive when you purchase comething like a boyer or equvilant product you are paying for the reserch and devolpment, I also know electronics parts are extremely cheap, Im just saying that If we could make our own in a "open source" way , then we could all have a product for less than the usual cost,

also I don't know if you mean super cheap ebay tyronics, because the impression that they are made of poor quality or the cost??
they are not really inexpencive if you buy on ebay you spend 120 with shipping, that's more than a Mikes XS one for shure
we are all about to find out the "quality of them as they came to us,
gary bought his first from tytronics, then I contacted tyronics and wanted more imformation on how they worked and what came with them, and instead of answers I recived an offer to get three at a LARGE discount, I guess that's the Chinese capatilist midset, (skip answering questions and offer a discount )lol
so that's where we all are , There is another member here yet to chime in on reciving his from me
but so far mr moto wheel and gary and myself have them in our hands to test and try

Back