Electronic ignition from Heiden Tuning

Welcome to the forum .

Why not buy a Boyer Bransden from the UK instead? they are cheaper ,better and includes an electronic advance.

I have one fitted to my bike and it is faultless.
The Boyer website is pitiful and desperately needs updating but basically the Micro Digital Kit 00103 costs £121.07 double coil (coil 4) costs £37.00 and the heatsink (coil 6) costs £8.48 so a total cost of £166.55 plus shipping.
http:
or 220euros from Heiden
//www.heidentuning.com/p/28/2788/mo74-cg|23=1/%23ht-0005-boyer-bransden-digital-ignition

http://www.boyerbransden.com/index.html

Welcome to the site Elverdane.
The hall effect sensor is the basis of the Pamco ignition. Proven to work well on the XS.
The XS Performance product uses the same technology but is packaged a bit different.

Actually the kit from Heiden is only around 100£ so just around half price.
And I really dislike "digital advance" on a retro bike. I would just like to remove the points :)
And besides, the Boyer has a PCB located in the "distributor" chamber, and that seems a "breaking point" to me.
I am pretty sure the Boyer is effektive and reliable. But might not be what I am looking for.
I would like not to have an external box.

I've got the same unit from heiden on my XS.
noticed a massive improvement in how the bike runs..

decent price to!

Actually the kit from Heiden is only around 100£ so just around half price.
And I really dislike "digital advance" on a retro bike. I would just like to remove the points :)
And besides, the Boyer has a PCB located in the "distributor" chamber, and that seems a "breaking point" to me.

I would like not to have an external box.

Seriously though ...where did you think the Heiden pcb goes if not in the same place as the Boyer ie in place of the points in the points housing:wink2: they are identical systems although obviously Boyer designed their digital ignition system 45 years before the Heiden system was designed

I'm not sure how you reconcile fitting a digital ignition system to a retro bike is 'alright' but fitting a digital advance is not :shrug: A digital advance would give you a reliable consistant precision advance curve with a huge increase in performance and economy

The Heiden kit looks like good value for money and it seems to include everything even the HT leads and caps which is great and you can use your existing coils so Go for that

Over the years I've seen more XS650 motors severely damaged by trouble with the mechanical advance unit than by any other single cause. Your post on XS650 Forum indicates that you find it frustrating to attempt to time the dual points ignition. I don't mean to be patronizing, but sooner or later you'll be equally challenged by the advance unit. Do some searches and reading before you make a selection.

Back