1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Email notifications driving me nuts

Discussion in 'The Classroom' started by madmax-im, Jul 14, 2019.

1. madmax-im

madmax-im Yamaha...Go your own way... XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Love this site and all the topics but everytime i reply to a thread i get email notifications on every comment thereafter and for likes too..I go to turn off the notifications from the email and it brings me back to this site ..where i click on a link that supposedly updates my requests..BUT IT NEVER DOES..I still have an inbox full of notifications... I even tried turning off the alerts onsite to no avail... If i try from the site itself theres nothing i can find that will change the email notifications...grrrrr
    How the....do i turn this off?

Gator xs2 likes this.
  2. gggGary

gggGary Stop that! XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Click your name upper right corner. On left side of that page, under Settings click "Alert preferences" make your changes, then at bottom of that page click on ":save changes" button.

Jim and Moabite like this.
  3. 650Skull

650Skull Dinosaur Lives Top Contributor

roll your mouse over your Handle up next to the inbox.......

In the drop box scroll down to preferences and right click and open in another page or just click on it.........

In either the new page, (if opened preferences in new page), or the drop box, (if clicked on preferences), look at the options list........

Every entry in the list has another entry under it, The entry under the main entry is for email notifications...............Both entries have a tick box.......

make sure the email entry isn't activated with a tick...........or un-tick it..........it is ok to have the main entry ticked, won't receive any emails

Save changes

gggGary and Gator xs2 like this.
  4. Gator xs2

Gator xs2 XS650 Addict

FL
    I know. I hate that.

madmax-im likes this.
  5. Gator xs2

Gator xs2 XS650 Addict

FL
    I’m not by any means tech savvy. Are you guys speaking English? Like John Travolta said in Wild Hogs. “I just wanna ride man...just ride. You guys are so weird “. LOL

madmax-im and gggGary like this.
  6. Jim

Jim Beyond the edge, is the unknown. Here be Dragons XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Your account/preferences. Uncheck every box for email notification....

Untitled.png

7. madmax-im

madmax-im Yamaha...Go your own way... XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Thanks guys..That should quiet things down a tad.....:D

Jim and gggGary like this.