Exhaust mount question

Muneio

XS650 Argonaut
Reaction score
Ok sorry for all the questions. I know I got a little ahead of myself by tearing down the bike before I got everything like the exhaust sorted out but I'm learning. So here's the deal, I want to eliminate the rear footpeg brackets from the frame. On the right side I realize this bracket also holds the rear brake switch and the stock exhaust mount. I will obviously need to weld a new bracket on to hold the switch but it's the exhaust I'm in a quandary about. I'm thinking about getting a 2 into 1 exhaust mac or mikes (unless you have a better idea in the same price range) anyway will I need that exhaust mount if so I will make a jig to weld a new one on in the same place. Hope this makes sense as always thanks everybody for all your help and suggestions.
Bill

_DSC1946-1.jpg

Munieo
have a look at other pictures on the forum, especially flattrackers, for inspiration. Many have had this bracket removed and used other mounting points, its easy enough to weld a small bracket wherever you need it.
Always pays to do a dry build to get all your mounts sorted before paint & chrome
Kev

Back