experience counts

"How Much Have You Ridden Lately?"

Not at all! It's been balls cold and the damn roads are covered in snow, ice, salt, and sand! :(

just getting ready for our first snow they are calling for 12 inches,i know thats not alot to you travis ,but around here thats alot,been riding up today been kinda mild in the mid atlantic this year.:bike:

- we had 5 inches of snow here today - and i was out there terrorising the cagers...what really worries me is that the engine doesnt really reach good operating temp

Crash, I think 12 inches is a lot of snow anywhere! Especially in Virginia! Damn, that's pretty crazy since a lot of places there don't have snow plows and equipment to deal with snow like that. Good luck with that.

inxs, you ride after 5" of snow! haha.. I hope the streets are cleared at least. What do you have for tires? I'd want studs or chains!

- during the snow...after is also no problem...have normal street tyres at the moment, havent yet changed to grassenduro...sliding is fun

yeah we dont have all the plows and stuff like that around here,shit you just say snow and everyone raids the food stores now thats crazy,lol

crash, I'll tell you what is crazy, inxs!

I have family in VA and they say the same thing... a couple inches of snow and everything shuts down and people act like it's the end of the world. :laugh:

Interesting article.... it's true, I get a sense of anxiousness (is that a word) when I ride after I have been off the bike for a few weeks....the senses are heightened a little more, on the other hand after riding 300 to 500 miles per day for 3 or 4 days I get brave and start to pull shit that I would not usually do...

Here is a shot, outside my front door taken 5 minutes ago... there is no snow to speak of, however we just got through a spell of -35C over nights.

SDC10162.jpg

I really dislike the cold. Now we got that storm that just left Crash's area of the world. We have snowplow's & shit, but everybody get's the panic's here when they talk of snow. I work in a small tire store, & we must have sold & installed 160 tire's today. And, of course, most of them went on plow truck's. Talk about being anal!!! But that's ok, 'cause I don't do tire's, too old. However, I'm the guy who get's the rust frozen wheel's off. My port-a power got a good workout today. And, of course, it's like 12 outside today. Probably won't sleep 'cause of all the coffe I drank! Not really, caffine don't bother me, I sleep like a baby.

It was like summer here today. 78 degrees, crystal clear sky, not a cloud and I was working in the garage on motorcycles all day! Only went out to take pictures of a bike I'm building and to do Starbucks runs!

Last edited:
oh :laugh:.. I'm hungover and read it as "Only went out to take pictures of a bike I'm building to do Starbucks runs" ... hence the smart ass remark about the cup holder :D

That "starbucks" bike looks awesome!

It was like summer here today. 78 degrees, crystal clear sky, not a cloud and I was working in the garage on motorcycles all day! Only went out to take pictures of a bike I'm building and to do Starbucks runs!
I dreamdt that too, last night!!!:laugh:

Not ideal biking weather over here at mo either :(

Attachments

• DSC00234.jpg
    DSC00234.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 223
Back