Fair price for heriage rear wheel

ratfinkd1

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
A member and I are working a trade on some wheels one is a 16" heritage rear wheel I think it has two broke spokes and rust with goop coming out of it. I asked if irs jb weld and he states it flakes off with his fingers. If there is no real damage to the wheel other than rust and having to replace spokes, clean the rust and goop off what do you think a fair price is for the wheel? I'll work on posting pics

Attachments

• rDSCN0269.jpg
    rDSCN0269.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 58
  • rDSCN0271.jpg
    rDSCN0271.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 54
  • rDSCN0272.jpg
    rDSCN0272.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 37
  • rDSCN0273.jpg
    rDSCN0273.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 69
  • rDSCN0274.jpg
    rDSCN0274.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 43
  • rDSCN0275.jpg
    rDSCN0275.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 69
Just from what I see I probably wouldn't pay more than $10 for it, I'd be patient and look for a better one to come along. If the tire is still on you don't know what the damage is on the inside.

couple more mind you these are after he cleaned them up a little.

Attachments

• rDSCN0274 (2).jpg
    rDSCN0274 (2).jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 46
  • rDSCN0269 (2).jpg
    rDSCN0269 (2).jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 47
well if there is no damage to the inside of the wheel and just the spokes need to be replaced I think its worth more than that. Let get some old timers in here to weigh in. I'm going to share the post with the other member so that we can make a fair judgement on price. He plans on Taking the tire off to inspect it further. Hopefully he will send me pictures or post them here.

A member and I are working a trade on some wheels one is a 16" heritage rear wheel I think it has two broke spokes and rust with goop coming out of it. I asked if irs jb weld and he states it flakes off with his fingers. If there is no real damage to the wheel other than rust and having to replace spokes, clean the rust and goop off what do you think a fair price is for the wheel? I'll work on posting pics

Why can't I ever find all the right letters on this damn keyboard Heritage rear wheel:banghead::(:wtf::doh:

But can't you find a clean ready to bolt on Heritage wheel for about $100 or so, dodge the grief and not have a rim that has chrome "issues". That's a lot of rust, would have to see the inside of the rim, it may be beyond use.

thanks gggGary thats the kinda of advice a fellow Gary was looking for the front seems to be in good condition the rear is what a i was worried about Im gonna take a closer look at the front and probably scrap the rear unless he gives it to me for like 10 or 20 bucks. Gonna powder coat the rim and hub anyways so the chrome rust shouldn't be an issue or is it.

Back