Favorite Pre and Post muscle cars

This was my fathers E-Type Jaguar, pure classic, He liked the number plate EG5000 (example $5000.00), where I remember it did cost in the 70's 10K which was a hell of a lot of money back then.
My car that I came so close to buying when I did have some spare cash was the1969 Boss 302 Mustang, it's one car I will own one day but it's just going to have to wait. I did look at quiet a few when I was working in the states but just couldn't find the right one that was in original condition at the time. Had the Marti reports to verify and even still know the correct block casting number......
E-Type.jpeg

It's not the actual speed, it's the apparent speed.
Folks at the equator are moving due East at 1,000 miles an hour and think they are standing still.
Where I am it's about 600.
My second fastest apparent speed was on a sailboat trapeze in a gale. Musta been going about 15mph.
My fastest apparent speed was falling down the basement stairs while moving a cookstove.
Thought I'd broke my leg when the stove and I landed but it couldn't have been because I could stand there and cuss at the stove.
Betcha I hit about 5 mph on the way down.

Here are a couple of my XKE`s and XJS`s. The one with the top down is a 1967 series 1 the one with the top up is a 1968 series 1 1/2 (no covered headlights, rocker switches instead of toggles, and 2 carbs, not 3) I had at least 15 of these but only have pics of 9 of them. I miss those Jags but I miss that full head of hair even more.
Scan 11.jpg
Scan 4.jpg
Scan 5.jpg
Scan 8.jpg
Scan 6.jpg
Scan 17.jpg

Wow Halfmile! I can not believe all the cars and toys you have owned! I'm so jealous! :bow2:

Now wait just a minute. Isn't that Burton Cummings in that red XKE ragtop?

After wrapping up my active duty at Ft Huachuca, AZ in 1967 I bought this GTO when I got back home. Loved it! The Marina Blue 66 Chevelle had a 496" BBC 4 spd. I only had 4 mustangs in my life. This is one of them. Where was the digital camera when I needed it?? Most of my pics were a poloroid "Swinger" or regular 35mm. I wish I had a pic of all of them. Even better yet I wish I had all that money back!
Scan 2.jpg
Scan 16.jpg
Scan 1.jpg

Robinc. Sure not the first time I`ve heard that. If I could just get them to send me the royalties for "American Woman" I`d be on EZ street and would buy some more cars.

Yamahadude. Neat Enduro. Kt100`s are Fast and Affordable. I had one on a vintage Norpro enduro before the VKA adopted a vintage Yamaha class. Of the 112 karts I had 2008-2014 only 5 of them were Enduro`s. Lake Garnett KS holds a enduro race every year since 1951 but I`ve never been to it. I only raced vintage sprint karts. A few pics on these antiques.

Attachments

• CL June 2015 035-001.JPG
    CL June 2015 035-001.JPG
    191.6 KB · Views: 200
  • 11-1-11 011.JPG
    11-1-11 011.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 174
  • enduro kart 014.jpg
    enduro kart 014.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 209
VERY cool vintage Enduros HalfMile ! I love them, especially the red one. Mine is a 90's Margay; old karting friends are pushing me to get back in, only in the vintage classes in the central USA karting series. However, I would have to take it down off the wall in my trophy/workshop room. It was a bitch getting it up there:

KartWall2017 003.JPG

Yamahadude. Neat Enduro. Kt100`s are Fast and Affordable. I had one on a vintage Norpro enduro before the VKA adopted a vintage Yamaha class. Of the 112 karts I had 2008-2014 only 5 of them were Enduro`s. Lake Garnett KS holds a enduro race every year since 1951 but I`ve never been to it. I only raced vintage sprint karts. A few pics on these antiques.
Here are a few vintage pics, HalfMile, that might interest you.
Circa maybe 1982, Bryar Motorsport Park, the old Loudon NH motorcycle/sportscar road track before they bulldozed it to make the NASCAR oval.
The school bus was where the volunteer scorers (wives) sat.
Note the 80's Chevy van transport vehicle with blue shag carpetting. I just shoved the kart up on the bed in the back :D
Very little bodywork in those days, as you know. This was my first kart.

Bryar_0001.jpg
Bryar_0002.jpg
IMG_0001.jpg

The Chevy had a LARGE V8 engine which I had rebuilt with 4-bolt mains. With those wheels and tires , can we call it a Muscle Car ?? :)

Last edited:
Margay was always my kart of choice. Always raced a Panther-X or Xpert Sprint. I`ll make these my last kart pics and get back to muscle cars.
C-OPEN with dual BM130`s

C-OPEN-Concept 011-001.JPG

Margay Concept Enduro
CONCEPT DONE 001-001.JPG

Bar Stool with Briggs Animal
Bar Stool 011.JPG

Radio Flyer was eventually set up for a KT100 but I sold it before it was finished. New owner used a Briggs. What a waste!
emmick- radio flyer 002-001.JPG

I`ll make these my last kart pics and get back to muscle cars.

It's all good! I really put this post up because there is more to life than motorcycles. I find all mechanical stuff interesting. Before my father passed away I used to pick him up every year and take him to the antique engine and tractor show they have here every year. My dad grew up on a farm during the depression and absolutely loved old machinery. He found and rebuilt an old Oliver 88 tractor when he was about '70.
image.jpeg

This tractor show used to have competitive pull events too. My Dad could watch that stuff all day, haha.
image.jpeg

My Dad really gave me my love of mechanical things, we would talk about motors and machines for hours.

Your dads Oliver is great! I watched the Mecum Tractor Auction for the first time a couple weeks ago. Some of those things brought astronomical money!

Nice tractor !
I'm like your Dad; all things motor related, especially antique stuff. I go to at least a couple tractor/steam/hit n miss events every year. New York is a farming state, so there are lots of shows to go to.
The upcoming "Pageant of Steam" is 4 days long !

photo-3engines.jpg

Back