Favorite TX/XS

1970 just because it was first,
and the 72 because red and motorcycle go together like underwear and fart stains.
I like the 73 and 75 also. AND the green 78's, always wanted one of those.

My first bike was a '73 brought back from Japan while I was in my uncle's canoe club. I wouldn't mind having another one just for ol' times sake.

A '75 was the first XS that I remember seeing. Still my favorite. :thumbsup:

1975-xs650_zpsb67a066f.jpg

My Dad bought a 75 when he retired from the Navy and put 35K miles on it touring the U.S. over the next few years. Whoever came up with that tank decal design and color combination hopefully got a raise! The 74/75 pipes also have a real unique sound compared to the earlier and later bikes. I really like my 78 Roadster but I'll always have a special place for the 75B

Shovel Jockey,
The Pearl Yellow Gold colour was available in some states here.
Where I bought mine they were all Blue however I do have a tank in the other colour.
I would guess that in total more than 95% were Metallic Flake Blue.
This is my first attempt at uploading photos so I'm not sure if it will work.View attachment 40343

Attachments

• 73TX_mfb_pyg.jpg
    73TX_mfb_pyg.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 199
Like this.

View attachment 40344

LOL open the image you want to display, right click, click on copy image URL, in your reply click on the photo button, control V, enter.

(IMG]http://www.xs650.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=40344&d=1392387747[/IMG]

I changed the first bracket to a paren so you can see the html.

What you don't like turd brown? I always wondered what Yamaha was thinking on that color. MAybe they saw the root beer cuda's and thought it would transfer...

235163_b0bb32f721_low_res.jpg

Plum Crazy might have been better.

70_Cuda-03.jpg

Back