Fazer Blue Spot Caliper

Hi Bjorn,

Excellent work!

I'm extremely interested in getting the dimensions for your disc adapter shown in your pictures above. I have a MikesXS disc, Brembo 4-pot caliper and a Pandemonium kit. This setup doesn't work with the spoked wheels on my 35mm 1979. I need a thick spacer and a way to keep the disc centered on the hub.

Could you please post your spacer drawing too?

Thanks

Attachments

• Disc Adapter for MikesXS & Brembo.jpg
    Disc Adapter for MikesXS & Brembo.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 467
Hey guys, Looks like glennpm isn't the only one interested in this thread...I have a blue dot lying around....did anyone ever get it to work on the stock xs spoked rims? I have a 77' that I'd love to convert.

Last edited:
Here is a drawing I made from the first sketch. unfortunately im not able to actually measure my hub spacer for reference at this moment. The most important dimensions are on this drawing below, but you will need to fiddle with the details.

hub%2520spacer.jpg

Please note that i made the choice to get my brake disk as close a possible to the RH front fork. This helps me to get more clearance between the spokes and the brake caliper. The disk is also not completely in the middle of the caliper. I dont think this is necessary as long as you stay within the calipers cut-out for the disk.

one last tip:
In order to drill the holes into the spacer, i used a steel pin with the exact diameter of the disks holes. The pin has a small and sharp point. You can use this to transfer the holes onto the hub spacer.
20131025_144837.jpg

20131025_144846.jpg

Whatever you decide to made/fabricate, please check the dimensions for your application!

This is excellent Bjorn and appreciate your posting it!

Regarding your mention about not centering the rotor in the caliper, did you stay inside of these caliper lugs, red arrows in the attached picture, or open them up a bit to shift the disc further away from the spokes? I agree that extension of the caliper pistons out a little bit more on one side than the other won't effect the force. You just don't want them out too far so there is not enough of the piston in its bore and it gets hung up or wears the seals prematurely.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Caliper Pic.jpg
    Caliper Pic.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 459
Exactly Glenn! I did stay within those caliper lugs. Its not like im way out of the centre, just a little to help with clearances :)

I'm wondering if one of our XS650 group vendors would be willing to run a batch of these and offer them as a better way to keep front axle un-sprung weight down? Maybe Hugh's Handbuilt or Dan at Pandemonium?

Hey guys. So I've been doing some drafting of my own, based on Kev's OG design. I converted to inches for my drafting simply because I'm unable to figure out how to get the program to run MM ha. But I have the coding all done and gonna run a prototype next week. The tooling will be the issue, as I will need to fixture it to machine that back side off, and do the bolt holes on the spacer if I wanted to make them quickly. Neither of which would be too difficult to do...it's just that I'm SUPPOSED to be working on making a mold for class...lol not motorcycle parts. :laugh:

Here's some goofin' around. :thumbsup:

P.S. The last pic shows it after the machining process.

Attachments

• Adapter.PNG
    Adapter.PNG
    18 KB · Views: 430
  • Spacer.PNG
    Spacer.PNG
    27.5 KB · Views: 442
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    38.7 KB · Views: 459
excellent!! Hands on learning is the best ;-)

anyway I can help, let me know. The next few days are bad for me though.

Hi,

I really like your caliper set up, it looks awesome. I have a few questions about how you put it all together, if you could answer them for me Id really appreciate it! First off, how do you tell if the caliper youre buying will match up with the disc you have? Second when you buy the caliper does it come with all the necessary lines that go to the master cylinder? If not how do you go about getting those lines? Thanks in advance for any help!!!!

Hi,
when you buy the caliper does it come with all the necessary lines that go to the master cylinder? If not how do you go about getting those lines?

There are a number of companies that make brake lines. MikesXS sells them too. N-R Performance is another.

I have started mocking up my front brake (yeah I know, I need to clean up that wheel):

E29-C7-EE7-D-40-D7-B046-AF4-BE5020-A15-zps3gpmbvuv.jpg

That caliper bracket is just thin sheet so I can measure how thick of a rotor spacer I will need. Looks like 12mm. The caliper is from an R6, the rotor is from an FXR600, the wheel is from an XS7502D and the forks are XS650 legs with SR500 trees. This will be fitted to my XT500 (yeah, its a bit of a mutt). Thanks to you all for all the great info!!!

Last edited:
Now, how about a fazer blue spot in the rear to match? :smoke:

_CE19-4_FDE-4439-8_EAB-5_F2_BD14639_ED_zpst4alucy8.jpg

Of course this is on an XT500 with an SR500 wheel, but still.

Last edited:
Bumping this up....
Is the caliper hanger commercially available? I'm looking to run a 320mm disc, RH blue dot caliper and a mag wheel on 35mm forks.

What's the latest on this?

Bumping this up....
Is the caliper hanger commercially available? I'm looking to run a 320mm disc, RH blue dot caliper and a mag wheel on 35mm forks.

What's the latest on this?

I have made a cad file for a 300mm disc,
but you would need to space it out for 320 yourself.
The cad file is in the tech section.
I have a spare steel one made up but I'm in the UK

Yes, I too used a disc from an FZR600 on mine. It is 298mm. I actually found a new EBC one on Amazon for like $50. Here it is on the wheel:

4_BA63_F5_A-_E6_C4-4_A99-_A32_D-4_AF4_D3_BDE6_CE.jpg

Back