Feeler Thread - Brembo caliper bracket for 320mm rotor

bkaushansky

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I have designed a caliper bracket to be used with 35mm forks and the Brembo 65mm spacing caliper on a 320mm rotor. Its minimalist in design and has undergone stress analysis (FEA) to manage the brake loads. It can be used on either right or left. Made from 6061-T6 aluminum, raw.

Attached pic is for reference only.

Looking at a pricepoint of $40-50 each.

Please contact me so I can gauge interest before having these machined.

Thanks.
B.

Attachments

• Brembo bracket.jpg
    Brembo bracket.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 298
i am interested in this. have you mocked this up with a Brembo Caliper & 320 Rotor? would this require a spacer for the rotor as well? Do you know what rotors this would work with?

Thanks!

Hi,
Would be interested in ordering three, if you are still planning a production run. Know this is an old thread, but if you are still interested so am I.
Thank You, Chuck

wanna,
There are a number of rotors of various O.D.'s that have a compatible center bolt pattern to the XS wheel that are well covered in the brake section of the forum, most
require a spacer to be fabricated for proper spacing. Prefer the larger rotor for single
caliper setups as they do not affect turn-in/wheel inertia as much as the twin rotor
set-up. Have only used Duc floating rotors, so no experience with any other types.

Interested, if this thread/conversation is still alive... Would it be fair to also assume that by going out to 320mm from 300, that the Brembo caliper might also gain a little more clearance from the spokes? Also, I am guessing this adapter is tailored for 35mm XS650 lowers, not the earlier 76' and older fork lowers?

Back