Fighting The Winter Blues Up North

Nice here this weekend. I'm busy, but use the bike to do my errands.

I finally got myself a lift for these winter projects.
View attachment 110302
So glad to hear that you have joined our "Suffering Northerners Club", Marty !
We need all the members we can get, including enthusiastic Georgians like yourself. ;)

We're having a toboggan party next week with hot chocolate.....

So glad to hear that you have joined our "Suffering Northerners Club", Marty !
We need all the members we can get, including enthusiastic Georgians like yourself. ;)

We're having a toboggan party next week with hot chocolate.....
I'm afraid we're still running the AC in the car. Winter is coming, but it isn't here yet.

Us Suffering Northerners will keep you posted as to the Arrival Of Winter, Marty.
We know when it is happening, as it comes like a swift kick in the 'Ol Arse.

STORM-1-jumbo.jpg

In 1962, there was a historic storm in Syracuse which in a matter of a few hours paralyzed the city.

13062fcf859661de5f72c700a3b2c75e.jpg

I was 8 at the time, and cars were abandoned right in front of my home, near Syracuse University.
My parents welcomed in 4 strangers, all whom were from various countries in Europe, and only one who spoke English.
It was a very interesting week that followed, getting to know these people who were so different from ourselves, but who shared similar values.

Last edited:
Is that the HF unit that is on sale for $289 USD right now Marty?

Yes it is. They went to $280 over the weekend.

Us Suffering Northerners will keep you posted as to the Arrival Of Winter, Marty.
We know when it is happening, as it comes like a swift kick in the 'Ol Arse.

I was born and grew up in Jamestown, NY. 1977 was my last winter. I'm almost 31 years in Georgia. Winter is short and sweet here. The weatherman said it's coming on Wednesday. It may go all the way down to 36 F! BRRRR!

Yes it is. They went to $280 over the weekend.

I was born and grew up in Jamestown, NY. 1977 was my last winter. I'm almost 31 years in Georgia. Winter is short and sweet here. The weatherman said it's coming on Wednesday. It may go all the way down to 36 F! BRRRR!
Jamestown, on Chautauqua Lake.
I spent all of my blissful childhood summers at Chautauqua.

I guess the "Winter blues" have a deathgrip on our northern friends.

So, here I am, doing some serious surfing, for some serious stuff, and the occasional oddball pic pops up.

WinterRiding.jpg

Did he spend an entire summer building something to chase away the "Winter blues"?

Hang in there, guys. It'll warm up, .......eventually...

Back