Finally bought the Motolanna seat ( Pic )

ericmu17

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
It cost me a little over 200 shipped but Its super sleek and super comfortable. Im finally ready to put many many miles on this newly rebuilt engine. I feel its the best mix of classic looks and functionality.

Attachments

• IMG_0070.jpg
    IMG_0070.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 689
  • t_2394099.jpg
    t_2394099.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 775
I actually just grinded my old hinge mounts off along with the helmet lock and the seat pinches on and stays solid and flush without having to fasten it in any way... I was pretty amazed actually.

Eric, that looks great!
I just had a colleague of mine get me that exact same seat directly from Thailand, and I cannot wait to mount it. However I am at work on a ship and will not be home before 5 weeks time........

I am really curious to see how well it follows the curve of the frame loop, so perhaps you could post a picture of the seat seen from behind/ above? And maybe a close up pic from the side, so the seat fills the whole picture (did i say I am excited ?? :) )

Also, does your bike have a "Standard" or a "Special" tank ? I can see you have "Standard" wheels, so I assume your bike is a "Standard".

Mine is a "Standard" too, a -77 D model, and I am aiming for a "scrambler" kind of look, as light as possible and minimalistic in a way...I guess I have spent the last 2 years mostly buying goodies for it, but never found the time to actually do any serious work on it, but maybe my upcoming 4 1/2 week break in August will give me some time...

thats a nice seat...looks fantastic. Hope we get some more pics and a link:wink2:

oooooooooh luverly.:D i can feel a purchase coming on, don't tell swmbo

I actually sold the bike! I still have the motolanna seat though.... brand new still. I could let it go for $190 shipped. Black with white stitching. Let me know. Mounting is as simple as grinding off the hinge mounts and it pinches on the frame perfectly and securely. Ill be posting in the classified later today.

yuall obey women? id still be married to two different women if i did that.maybe im on the wrong forum?

when ya young you believe you're getting your own way....:wink2:

When you get older you understand that you have never really had your own way....she just made it look that way.:laugh:

When you get older still ...you just want a quiet life to enjoy your bike, beer and other toys so you realise that its easier
(and cheaper) to just go along with it and cuss under your breath .:D

when ya young you believe you're getting your own way....:wink2:

When you get older you understand that you have never really had your own way....she just made it look that way.:laugh:

When you get older still ...you just want a quiet life to enjoy your bike, beer and other toys so you realise that its easier
(and cheaper) to just go along with it and cuss under your breath .:D

Hehe well said Peanut!!! So true!!

Back