Finally Finished my build and its ready to ride!!!

xscessivecompulsive

Live 2 Ride, Ride 2 Live
Reaction score
Hey guys, Just thought Id share a few pics of my build now that shes finished! It was a long but fun road to get the bike to this point, and I couldnt be any happier with the way it looks and rides to! I gotta give a special thanks to Don Paulson in Portland who helped me out with the welding and also some polishing work on the bike to! He was a big help and I couldnt of done it without his great welding skills!! Oh and I also have to thank all you guys around here who were always willing to lend a hand and put up with my numerous amounts of questions!! So Ive been riding the bike quite a bit now when the weathers dry and have been enjoying every minute of it!! So enough of me rambling on heres a few pics! The first one is how it looked the day I got it and then the next is how it looked before paint and powdercoat!!

XsC

xs650.jpg

NewImage.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0057.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0058.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0053.jpg

Thanks for the kind words fellas, much appreciated! And ya SWBill the great scotts sound awesome and mean as hell!! And NKYMain, The hardtail is from Elswick Cycles and heres a closer pic of the tank! This was taken right after I shot the clear, I bought the paint from Napa and the base is a mocha pearl, and the stripes were done in sandstorm pearl! Which it really pops out in the sun, and I know its "just" a "sporty" tank but Ive always liked the looks of em and felt it turned out pretty good!!

XsC

done.jpg

Looks great and nice to see those pipes all wrapped up, as I have the same ones. Did you use 2" or 1" wide wrap on it? Nice work on the paint as well!

Kent

Thanks Kent, I used the 2inch and Im so glad I wrapped the pipes up! When I rode it before the wrap you had to have your legs sticking way out on the pegs! Now I can go for long rides and damn near wrap my hand around em!!

XsC

Good to know. I didn't know if the front bend out of the head would be too tight for the 2". I wrapped one of my old pipes on my V-Star and it was amazing that you could basically touch the pipe immediately after getting off of the bike on a long ride. Amazing stuff!

Kent

Ya Kent, Give me a little time and I'll get a better pic of it when I get back to my shop! That battery box was just an old ballast off a grow light and was polished! It holds my TCI unit to and most off the wires but a few are still visible! And layinlow, The tank is just a run of the mill 3.3 gallon Sportster tank!

XsC

Beautiful job! love every inch of it really clean and well finished... I really like the frame and rear end and how it sits, was it a weld on hardtail from Elswicks? Or did they custom make and fit it?

Thanks Kent, I used the 2inch and Im so glad I wrapped the pipes up! When I rode it before the wrap you had to have your legs sticking way out on the pegs! Now I can go for long rides and damn near wrap my hand around em!!

XsC
The bike looks great :thumbsup: Love the color scheme! By the way I'm glad you posted about the pipes heat, nobody ever said anything to me about it and it's good to get feedback :thumbsup: It's the only way I can try to do better and improve my products. Again love the bike and I would love to add it to my website if you don't mind?

Back