Finally got my micro switches installed....

rich_mcd

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wanted to see if I could put micro switches inside 7/8" bars and I am surprised it worked out so well. Still a little more bangin around to get them to sit right and a little more tinkering to find the right headlight switch but overall it went pretty smooth.
Mind the double bar set up, I decided to go with drag bars and have been to lazy to pull the clip-ons off.

Attachments

• IMG_0095.jpg
    IMG_0095.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_0096.jpg
    IMG_0096.jpg
    303.5 KB · Views: 288
please let us know where you got these micro switches from. I have been looking for them in many place and have not been able to find them.

Thanks

Sorry man, been busy.
I had another post on this. I got the switches from the source (your radioshak) 275-1556 for the starter and the horn (normally open)
275-635 for the turn signals
275-634 for the kill switch
I am still trying to figure out the headlight. I made 275-635 work for the headlight, which I kind of liked because you could put the toggle in the middle for the headlight off, flip down for low beam and flip it up for high beam.

-Turns were hooked up dark brown to pole one, brown white to middle pole, and dark green to the last pole.
-Headlight was yellow to one pole, l/y, g, l/g to the middle pole, y/b to the other pole.
-Starter, kill and horn are all pretty simple.

To install them I took 7/8" pipe, split it in half and drilled 1/4" holes into it. I took the bars and notched out a 1/2"x1-1/4" hole in each end and the slid right in. Tapped a couple holes for the machine screw and thats about it.

thanks for the info.

Yes, please post pics of whatever you got. I am doing a very similar setup for my turn signals.

did these switches require a relay?

I recently bought some micro switches and it states that they are rated for 5A at 28V DC. Does this mean that they can be run at about 10A at 12V DC? Does this still require a relay?

Back