Finished and she runs and rides

takehikes

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Bought a running but fairly well clapped out 1981 Special. A variety of previous owners had inflicted lots of horror on it but it ran and came with a brand new seat. I did a million things to it but they only mean any thing to me. Main changes are 2” up in front and down 2” in back plus fork boots and sissy bar for the look I wanted. Paint is by me, rattle can from Roth. Wire harness is junk but will replace next winter.

Attachments

• 77C1625E-7439-4B2E-AB17-1869F9C2F0C5.jpeg
    77C1625E-7439-4B2E-AB17-1869F9C2F0C5.jpeg
    245 KB · Views: 205
Looks very nice! That rear tail light mod is creative.
I am still a fan of a taller rear end (shocks) but the look is good
:thumbsup:

77c1625e-7439-4b2e-ab17-1869f9c2f0c5-jpeg.186570

I like the look of it and I have something similar in mind. I like the color and the minimized appearance. I see a similar sissy bar as appropriate for traveling with stuff. Very nice.
Thanks. Sissy bars required as I throw gear on when riding. Bar is now black was raw here.Color is twisted tangerine candy metalflake.

Ah yes, the Roth rattle tangerine from 1/18/21 I think. 2 up and 2 down produced a nice conservative stance that flows well. You're keep it simple attitude got rid of the turn signals, reflectors and that horrid stock tail light. Good Job ! you should be proud.

Yeah, great stance.
Two up is max for my taste and from observation over time it's a rare bird. 4 and 6 over seem to be the norm.

My old '83 was 1 3/4 (xs750 forks) up and 2 down, loved the stance but not the wind resistance. Your bars may help as I was running Standard bars.

Bars are CB350-4 and quite narrow but the ones that came on it were some sort of black drag bar and I like chrome. The stock pullbacks are ridiculous on this size bike unless you were to chop it.
Most people won’t do 2” up in front as it doesn’t seem like much. One benefit is you can still use stock tach and speedo cables!

I got this one! It's XS1100 Midnight Special, 1980 or 81. XS1100SG and XS1100SH are slotted the same with black centers.
Those rotors come in lefts and rights (how the slots are angled)
But I doubt it makes much difference.

It’s exactly same as stock only vented. I like the rotary look of the venting as opposed to just holes. probably won’t put the left side on but if I don’t I’m getting the leg shaved to get rid of the ugly cast in lugs.

Back