Flame thrower exhaust question

easyrider69

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I am planning a flame thrower exhaust on my bike with raw fule directly from tank.
(Using other method of ignition cut out floods crank case with un burnt fuel.)
Question is in diagram below why 2 solenoids, my thoughts are to prevent blowback. thanks for any input
C0E52835-EE3F-4BBB-B695-05BDECFDA5FC.png
A8EE964F-AF16-4363-B2D1-0FC825C88B84.jpeg
C0E52835-EE3F-4BBB-B695-05BDECFDA5FC.png A8EE964F-AF16-4363-B2D1-0FC825C88B84.jpeg C0E52835-EE3F-4BBB-B695-05BDECFDA5FC.png
A8EE964F-AF16-4363-B2D1-0FC825C88B84.jpeg

The first one only feeds the second one (plus shares the same control) so I would guess two is so you can shut it off if one of them fails turned on.

Fuel Pump in Schematic how is that going in ( Lower left corner )
By the looks of it it comes from a car setup
And as far as I know those pumps add pressure .If injection system high pressures .
Where an electronically regulated valve Squirts gas No Pump or electronics on a XS 650
There exists electrical pumps but I believe they need a " Round Pumping" circuit no expert Though or pressure sensor shutting down

Sorry, but my first thought is WHY?
Personally, I am more focused on the best possible compromise between performance and fuel economy.......

Perhaps nothing for me either but I have a soft spot for the sensations
The big Hairy dude back in the days kicking his Harley with levers foot clutch .. and other stuff that I did not understand
A backfire so the window panes rattled in the neighborhood
The tough guys opening up from the off at the sidewalk gutter roaring away with the Norton commando so the bell bottom trousers
fluttered in the wind at the sidewalk and perhaps some skirts also.
Trying to ride the rear wheel with Brit Bikes .

Many of these effects are gone in these days . Push the button and the environmental friendly butt ugly exhaust are barely letting out anything
No sensations to speak off. Nothing is going .. on ... Not even a flashy paint job or Chrome from factory. often
Might as well go watch the football game instead of hanging at the sidewalk
A football game that is also watered down ---One little tackle and you are sent off.
So I get this with the flame thrower . And I also like the Neon lights under the cars and bikes.
And I also like someone trying doing his own Thing
Keep on I will read of the progress.

And something else is there room for the Carburetor installation with the pipes like that

Perhaps a separate tank for the flame thrower small camping stove ?
Propane Weed Burner ??? have ignition availability in them I believe

Back