Flat battery bike died

Any company who has to show a woman with large breasts scanning parts to attract you to an advert and sell parts is ........................Or advertises it is an OEM quality part.............

One more thing. Custom Rewind uses a heavier gauge wire than Mama Yama wanted to pay for. As a result, a CR rotor magnetizes at 4 ohms rather than 5. The result is the same output with less resistance, and less resistance means less heat. Insulation is also superior.

Any company who has to show a woman with large breasts scanning parts to attract you to an advert and sell parts is ........................Or advertises it is an OEM quality part.............

my thought exactly . looks like its an unbranded Indian manufactured part to me. There is no way it could be made in the US or EU for that money.
You know the saying ' if they can't be proud enough to put their name on it '......

I'm wondering about balancing too... seeing as its stuck out on the end of the crankshaft ;)

Peanut, the following rotor rewinder may interest you at some time:
http://www.bbbikeshop.co.uk/acatalog/Yamaha_Alternators.html#a1482
The XS650 rotors are about halfway down the page. Pricing looks good but postage needs to be added.

cheers Paul. Hopefully won't need it as I have a spare rotor but you never know.

For what it's worth, I've had a good dozen complete XS650 alternators from parts bikes in the stash over the years. Over half of the rotors were bad. Only one stator didn't meet spec when metered. I've seen numerous XS650 rotor failures on group rides and have had two go bad on me on the road. Never seen an XS650 stop charging due to stator failure.

a nod to your vastly superior xs650 experience .... ;)
Here in the UK there is an ever growing passion for original classic bikes and scooters with the emphasis on conservation and originality. New non-OEM parts seriously devalues an original vehicle over here. I have a 64 lambretta Li150 Special scooter which is totally original apart from some consumables like tyres exhaust and cables etc . if I were to spend £2000 upgrading and improving it with new modern parts it would wipe £1000 value off the scoot ! so I collect and refurbish original period parts for it same as I do for my XS650

Its a different situation I guess in the US as there is a plentiful supply of bikes and parts . I guess its a different choice here in the UK as most of us classic bike owners rarely ride more than 30-50 miles locally and are never more than 5-10 miles from a garage or bike shop if we break down so reliabilty isn't perhaps such an issue .

I guess its a different choice here in the UK as most of us classic bike owners rarely ride more than 30-50 miles locally and are never more than 5-10 miles from a garage or bike shop

That is just a daily commute here. Surely you're pulling the wool over my eyes.

30-50 mi. is halfway across the country. I've often thought they should have all moved to Australia and sent the convicts back to England.

No way mate Im staying here.!
Steal a loaf of bread in England in 1769 and get an all expenses paid voyage on a sailing ship to a land of sunshine, sandy beaches, hot women and great long and winding roads

nuthin wrong with big tits but I been bit by Chinese parts before!
just spoke to a local bloke with XS650 experience, he can rewind my rotor for sixty bucks!
Catch is hes away till the 23rd...will almost have my Victory back by then...
Till then Im riding total loss, headlight off and no nightriding (unless its full moon)
I can ride the Honda C90 at night.
or if Im desperate..my car.

ok will do...off for a total loss ride in the morning.....next problem my clutch slips when I get into it hard....got JASO MA oil in it.
Gonna try a bit extra freeplay at the engine adjustment.....I need to ride so will just be cruising

Oh yeah got the road-kill airbrush mural covered up, shes all nicely flat black now....
Don't despair the Aussie animals are just in hiding under a few coats of black peel off paint
20180113_164328.jpg
i
20180113_165321.jpg
20180113_165336.jpg

Back