Flat tracker build in Bedfordshire UK.

stuproj46

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally got round to starting my mates Flat Tracker build, originally it was going to be a bit of a tribute to Valentino Rossi as regards paint scheme and the number 46, but then he decamped to Ducati (silly boy).
We started with a complete bike , a early eighties import, this has been stripped to the bare frame and the centre Stand brackets have been removed, we shall try to offload the unwanted bits on evilbay.
I will , if its ok, be bugging you guys with questions as I know next to nothing about XS's:D

Attachments

• Copy of Wheels yokes etc 004.jpg
    Copy of Wheels yokes etc 004.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 237
  • Copy of Wheels yokes etc 005.jpg
    Copy of Wheels yokes etc 005.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 234
A few weeks ago I had the good fortune to pick up a set of late model GSXR1000 Wheels for my streetfighter project for next to nowt :D, the guy I brought them off, said you may aswell take these, (a pair of GSXR1000 K7 Forks), these he said " I can't guarantee the condition of ", well you cannot look a gift horse in the mouth:thumbsup:.
I have checked these over and they look servicable,so they are going to go on the Tracker

Attachments

• Copy of Wheels yokes etc 008.jpg
    Copy of Wheels yokes etc 008.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 212
  • Copy of Wheels yokes etc 003.jpg
    Copy of Wheels yokes etc 003.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 212
Am I right in thinking that a Yamaha Radian 600 Swing Arm is a (more or less) straight swap for the XS, anyone help?

Yes mate, you're right. Have a look at olddude13's tracker build. He's doing something along your lines.
I've also fitted a Radian arm to my Cafe project.
I'm off on holiday this weekend and have not done any work for a while but will get back on it once back and post some more pics.
http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18590&page=2

Frank

Thanks for the info Frank, Radian arms seem to be in demand, one was on ebay a couple of weeks ago for 80 GBP + 14.95 Postage, it went in less than a day!!

Yes that's the one I bought from A1 motorcycles.
I rang the guy up as he even had the axle adjusters listed separately with £14 postage.
I got the whole lot for £100 incl. postage which I thought was okay considering how rare they are over here.
I might have a look a getting it copied as its only steel box section.
Maybe even out of alloy. Just need to work out how much it would cost to get a batch made.

I have just picked up an older model Clutch cover, and have plans to put in a window similar to what Justin did, on his very impressive Chopper build, I know its not exactly a tracker mod, but it won't neccassarily be going on this bike, I may see if there is a market for diong them on an exchange basis (did I mention I am a CNC machinist?).
We have a later model engine with a sight glass in the Clutch cover, not had a good look at this yet, but may see if thats got potential for a slight modding :).

I have purchased a Yamaha SRX 600 Swing Arm, I am guessing this won't take too much modding to fit, anyone used one?.
We really need to get a pair of wheels so I can measure up and make a set of Aluminium Yokes (triple trees to you colonials), been looking at supermoto items but they fetch good money at the moment:(

The SRX Swingarm arrived in the post, I had a quick measure and it turns out that the SRX Arm is, with the dust shields in place 207mm wide at the Pivot, this means that I need to reduce the arm by 3.5mm a side.
Having looked at the dust shields I have decided that these look shite and need to be replaced with some Stainless Steel items, well if a jobs worth doing:wink2:

hey there , do you go to rallys and such around bedford?? i live just down the road, nexr to wellingborough. might see you out on it soon??

Hi, I know Wellingborough well, got a (non biking mate in Woolaston), not out on it yet as I am building this for another friend, also still building my own Streetfighter, so not going out on anything at the moment lol.

Back