Float Height Adjustment (video)

littlebill31

Smells of Raw Fuel
Reaction score
I made this quick video to help folks wrap their head around adjusting the float height on a carb.
Read the manual, carb guide and search through the threads here for extra tips or points of view.
Just winging the float height will not do it!!!
This is just a very basic video on the BS34, but it should help a little.
Make sure you know what height you need for your specific carb. This a very important adjustment.

Very good, Bill. All I'll add is that I like to measure and check from both sides as often the float is twisted. This makes one side sit higher or lower than the other and that will throw your setting off. You want both sides to be at the same height.

Very good, Bill. All I'll add is that I like to measure and check from both sides as often the float is twisted. This makes one side sit higher or lower than the other and that will throw your setting off. You want both sides to be at the same height.

Thanks 5twins. I learned it all from you and the others. And yes, both sides need to be checked. I am guilty of holding the floats while bending the tang, which has twisted the floats as you said. The "frame" that the floats are attached to can be bent enough to break off of the floats them selves. That's a pain.

Back