Floating discs with correct offset for XS and RD

arcticXS

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I was just browsing the JimLomas website for exhaust etc. for my RD350, when I came across these floating discs for TZ250 and 350.

I am pretty sure the bolt pattern is the same as on the XS, since the OEM disc on early TZ models were using the TX type carrier.

I think these are a much better solution than using discs with too little offset, together with a disc spacer.

http://www.jl-exhausts.com/jl-brake-disc-352-c.asp

Yeah these look interesting but pricey. If the center hole, bolt pattern and offset are good; it would be a great way to go. Wonder if all the dimensions are available?

I guess you could contact Jim Lomas, should be contact details on the website. The diameters seem slightly off, 300 and 260 mm vs 267 and 298 as used on RD and various XS models.
I assume these are made for the earlier 2-piston calipers, as used on Rd350, XS2, TX and XS650C, as well as on the TZ roadracers, but that will need verification too. (In order to ensure that the swept area of the disc is compatible with the caliper and pad you want to use, i.e pad not hitting buttons)

Back